• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Story (NTB - Vernon Hills) & Alignment ?

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
OK, three sides to every story... Yours, Mine and the Truth.

:mad: Experience @ NTB - Vernon Hills.

Brought my car in to have the MT's put on. Decided while I was there to have something looked at to get their opinion and then the car aligned. Well, before the alignment some dude takes the car out. I decided to walk out the front door and about 5 min. later I see him going an estimated 30+ over the speed limit. The manager walks out and says he's just checking out the problem... Don't worry he's my best guy. Needless to say I am a little pissed bc #1 THE HACK didn't need to be blasting in my car as there would be NO WAY you could hear the issue I mentioned to him. #2 THE HACKS did a crap job on the alignment - worse then when I brought it in. Note: They didn't take it out after the alignment to check the great :rolleyes: job they did.

OK, Just needed to vent there and lesson learned regarding who I bring my car too. Furthermore, not saying every one there is a HACK just a couple folks who, in my opinion, deserve a medal of stupidity.

Anyway, any GREAT alignment folks in the NW burbs?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
:eek: that sucks! The problem is when you bring nice cars like ours in, you would think someone would NOT DO THAT. I would be just as po'd

I've used NTB in Hoffman, but usually to mount tires for the car, but I usually take them off and bring them there. They did an alignment on the Pooper when I had it, but they have always done a good job.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
:eek: that sucks! The problem is when you bring nice cars like ours in, you would think someone would NOT DO THAT. I would be just as po'd

I've used NTB in Hoffman, but usually to mount tires for the car, but I usually take them off and bring them there. They did an alignment on the Pooper when I had it, but they have always done a good job.

We all know you still have the cobra...

EDIT LMAO at the sig change!!! forgotten but never gone:lmao:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Is that the NTB behind the shopping mall? If so, I know the place.

Brought my car to be aligned at a local tire / alignment shop and they "claimed" to have aligned it, but I'm pretty sure they didn't do squat. They didn't even bother to center my steering wheel during the process even though I specifically asked them to.

If you manage to find a good alignment shop in our area (Vernon Hills, Libertyville, etc), let me know.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004

Brought my car in to have the MT's put on. Decided while I was there to have something looked at to get their opinion and then the car aligned. Well, before the alignment some dude takes the car out. I decided to walk out the front door and about 5 min. later I see him going an estimated 30+ over the speed limit. The manager walks out and says he's just checking out the problem... Don't worry he's my best guy. Needless to say I am a little pissed bc #1 THE HACK didn't need to be blasting in my car as there would be NO WAY you could hear the issue I mentioned to him. #2 THE HACKS did a crap job on the alignment - worse then when I brought it in. Note: They didn't take it out after the alignment to check the great :rolleyes: job they did.

OK, Just needed to vent there and lesson learned regarding who I bring my car too. Furthermore, not saying every one there is a HACK just a couple folks who, in my opinion, deserve a metal of stupidity.

I'da had somebodys ass! No way in hell would I let some booger nose kid behind the wheel of my car.

I went to the discount tire to have my D/R's mounted. The guy came out with a paper floor mat in hand "sir I need your keys" ? I went to hand the guy the keys and noticed his very dirty hands and as he turned and walked toward the car I noticed the backs of his shirt and pants looked like he was rolling around on the shop floor. I stopped him at the car door and I said " Sorry, I can't let you in my car with your dirty clothes on". And I wasn't a dick about it, guy was like WTF:lmao: O well.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Tom..sorry to hear man.

I have 2 shops we use over here, so email me if you want their #'s.

Shot you an email. At your convenience bud. Thx.

Is that the NTB behind the shopping mall? If so, I know the place.

Brought my car to be aligned at a local tire / alignment shop and they "claimed" to have aligned it, but I'm pretty sure they didn't do squat. They didn't even bother to center my steering wheel during the process even though I specifically asked them to.

If you manage to find a good alignment shop in our area (Vernon Hills, Libertyville, etc), let me know.

You got it... Same NTB and same thing with my steering wheel too. Freaking cocked to the right about an 1/8th. I'll fire over a PM when I get the info.

I used to work at that NTB and I still know the district manager. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you Tom.

Thanks Stan. I think I am going to punt on that for now.

RUBRMAN

Mar 9, 2006
I know the managers at the Just Tires in Morton Grove and Deerfield. They both work on High end cars. If you or anybody needs any alignment work, tires or tire service just give them a call. I don't have there numbers handy but Scott runs Morton Grove and Jeff is the manager of Deerfield. I run the Just Tires in Wheaton 630-752-0158. If you guys ever need anything it doesn't hurt to give me a call and I will try to help anybody out. I know a lot of you go to Discount, which is fine. Go to who ever you feel comfortable with. I do alignments on straight up race cars. I have aligned Renegade, Extreme Street, Open Comp cars, and whole bunch more. You give me the specs on where you want it to be, and I will get it there the best I can.

Thanks,
Jason
630-752-0158

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006

OK, Just needed to vent there and lesson learned regarding who I bring my car too. Furthermore, not saying every one there is a HACK just a couple folks who, in my opinion, deserve a metal of stupidity.

my buddy used to be the asst manager there. his name is Yogi. I actually met him when I worked there as a salesman when i was a teenager. They are pretty lax on the rules there, opposed to other NTB's. and really, they dont follow any of the Tire Kingdom rules, defiance i guess. But after Yogi got promoted, and moved north, they got even worse. Because the managers dont do shit, its the asst managers that run day to day ops.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I know the managers at the Just Tires in Morton Grove and Deerfield. They both work on High end cars. If you or anybody needs any alignment work, tires or tire service just give them a call. I don't have there numbers handy but Scott runs Morton Grove and Jeff is the manager of Deerfield. I run the Just Tires in Wheaton 630-752-0158. If you guys ever need anything it doesn't hurt to give me a call and I will try to help anybody out. I know a lot of you go to Discount, which is fine. Go to who ever you feel comfortable with. I do alignments on straight up race cars. I have aligned Renegade, Extreme Street, Open Comp cars, and whole bunch more. You give me the specs on where you want it to be, and I will get it there the best I can.

Thanks,
Jason
630-752-0158

Just took my car to Jason and they were able to fix my alignment issue... took real good car of the car and did a great job. :biggthump Awesome price too!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info