• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I need this done

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
So I finally got my return today and I need to get some stuff done. I have a RR 2.8 upper pully that I have been trying to install myself but I keep breaking the pully tool. I'm not using the wrong one just incase you were wondering. I need someone that has done a few of these and has run into some that are stubborn. I also need some prices on installing some MM full length subframe connectors. After these are done I will go for a tune to KMS. Thanks for the help.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Like someone before said... take the car out, ride it hard for a bit and then while the blower is all nice and hot try taking it off. But, unlike what they said - this will not shrink anything (as the heat actually causes metals to expand) - but, it will "soften up the metals" - so you should be able to pull it off then. You can also rent a pair of bearing pullers from any auto store and use them to take the pulley off. Only time you have to use the threads is to mount a new pulley on there. They are used to press the pulley in so you do not try to beat it on the shaft, and in doing so ruin the bearings and gears that are attached to the shaft.
So, just get a big set of bearing pullers from an auto store, let everything warm up nice, and then take that fucker off. :) (this is assuming that you do not care about preserving the stocker)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info