• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ebay Tubo Kits??????

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Ebay Turbo Kits??????

Has any one seen these single turbo kits on Ebay. They look really nice and are priced perfect. These are not like the crappy universal ones you see all the time. These look some what like the Hellion Kits. It looks like just hot piping, V Clamps, and gaskets are included. You would have to piece everything else together, but I think this is a good deal. Maybe ??????
Here is a link to one of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04-Mustang-Cobra-GT-4-6L-V8-Custom-SS-Turbo-Manifold_W0QQitemZ300283509765QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item300283509765&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
I think I would have done it a couple months ago if I did not buy a KB 2.8H. From what I see it looks like 5 different stores on Ebay sell the same kit. I wonder who and where are these being made. It can't hurt for the price though. If anything buy the kit and only use the headers to make a twin turbo kit. That's what I was thinking if I did not have the KB.
I would be up for it, projects are fun. I think I enjoy seeing my car torn apart and being worked on more then driving it.

B

Boost12

Depending on what you are looking for it might work fine. I agree with these guys that Ebay shit is mostly JUNK however either way you look @ it your gonna have a Turbo forcing Air into the Motor and its gonna make power if it works the way it should.

How long a Ebay setup will work right is a different question LOL How hard it will be to install something like this is also something I would not wanna find out.

Call Larry @ Speed INC. I know they have a very nice Single setup they can do for a GREAT PRICE compared to other kits out there and everything would be done 100% Perfect. They built my Turbo kit and the thing is AWESOME!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
For the price most of the kits are well worth it. You can't buy headers from B&G, HP or others for the price of the whole hotside on the Ebay kit. A lot of guys on The Turbo Forums run the Ebay kits. Just make sure you have someone that can fab stuff and weld. Chances are you will need something cut and corrected. And you need to fab the cold side as well. So if you can fab or a buddy can the kit might not be a bad deal. But I would bet you that it will not just bolt on perfectly. lol

A guy I know made a kit for 2v and almost done with the 4v kits. The 2v kits were sent out to be copied. I saw the production kit and it fit and worked fine. He sells them on Ebay as well. So not all kits are the same.

Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info