• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SVT Contour - New to this site.

SHOgoFast

Nov 20, 2008
SVT Contour Turbo - New to this site.

Just wanted to say "Hey" to the chicagosvt group. Wandered into this site today.

I am currently driving an 00 Contour SVT-T. Dreaming of an 03 Cobra for my next toy.

Anyway...here are some pics of my setup.

3.0L Swap from 05 Sable. Intake ports matched to stock SVT intake manifolds.

second3l003zg6.jpg

second3l006kf2.jpg

second3l004bw3.jpg

second3l015wi2.jpg

second3l013ut6.jpg

second3l018cn6.jpg

second3l029mu3.jpg

second3l033kv9.jpg

second3l038kg7.jpg

SHOgoFast

Nov 20, 2008
Looks great! I bet it runs pretty good with that 3.0 and the turbo. :D

It's at home from ~30+ roll or anything on the highway. Walked some pretty nice cars in the past. Anything less than that and its just a smoke show. FWD FTL.

I would like to add water injection next spring and up the boost to 14psi. Should get close to 375 WHP with that. Not to shabby for a four door.

SHOgoFast

Nov 20, 2008
holy crap man, that is some crazy shit!

i miss my old one. i wasnt so nice to it but it was a fun little car. wheel hop sucks on these things though, have you done anything to help that?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to the first get-together I can attend.

Yeah, both of my roll restrictors are poly filled. Its probably 99% eliminated now.

Prior to that it was terrible any time I began to lose traction.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to the first get-together I can attend.

Yeah, both of my roll restrictors are poly filled. Its probably 99% eliminated now.

Prior to that it was terrible any time I began to lose traction.

nice man! do u have one of those quaife (sp?) diff's? i had alot of problems with that trans mount thats right under the stock intake tube.

SHOgoFast

Nov 20, 2008
nice man! do u have one of those quaife (sp?) diff's? i had alot of problems with that trans mount thats right under the stock intake tube.

Yep, it has a Quaife Torque Biasing Differential. The whole trans was built up by Terry Haines in Grand Rapids, MI.

Spec Stage III Clutch. Stock lightened flywheel.

Focus Shift tower (stronger than the one put on contour MTX-75s)

90MM Maf from a Cobra, 39# injectors from a Cobra, SVT Focus 255 Fuel Pump.

H&R Springs, Koni adjustable struts. B&M Short Shifter.

3" SS Magnaflow exhaust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info