• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

One little problem turned into kind of a biggie

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
What started out as a little problem today turned into a bigger one. I had one licsence plate bulb burned out, easy I thought. Ordered LED ones from EBAY, first one goes in fine, the other on that was burned out was a different story. I took it out and green dust came billowing out. Crap corrosion on the metal parts, no biggie. Took it out of the harness, cleaned it, put it back in still no light. Now for the question.

What do I need to replace, the plugs? If so how since I'm not that good with soldering.

Is there any way to clean the inside?

Could it just be a part that was rusted out "third pic"

Thanks for your input

Pics:
IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

blk01snake

Aug 23, 2008
Try to open up the metal prongs on the light bulb (L194 if putting the stock bulb back in) so it will get full contact in the socket. Works most of the time if the burnt bulb came out with corrision. If that doesnt work then id say new socket. Just cut and solder or pigtail it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Rotard
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list