• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Only times from this year :(

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
well, end of the season came for me so i figured id throw these out there and see what everyone thinks....

My car: 03 cobra, stock eaton, 2.76 only, Intake, catted h pipe, slp loudmouth, Kurgan chipped, Nitto 555r. 88,000 miles on the clock

the car made 428whp on the chip alone, and i went to the track making this much power

60'..............1.77
330'............5.029
1/8.............7.737
mph............91.38
1/4.............11.992
mph............116.04

I went back to byron on saturday, cut 1.6's and broke my halfshaft on my last pass, never got a clean run in. the only difference with my car now is a full kurgan tune, not just a chip.

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
I am not an expert, but, looks like a damn solid 1/4 mile time for 42x RWHP.

Sorry to hear about the breakdown.

thanks, yeah i was driving the car okay, my 60ft improved greatly with the addition of the spec 3, but the drive train wasnt having it, i was so used to having the play of a stock clutch and being able to let it go, and the 6 puck is a completely different story with a lower power level car

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
thanks, yeah i was driving the car okay, my 60ft improved greatly with the addition of the spec 3, but the drive train wasnt having it, i was so used to having the play of a stock clutch and being able to let it go, and the 6 puck is a completely different story with a lower power level car

Kinda like a gator clamping down.

I run a RAM HD clutch with mine and love it. Had that put in when my stocker fried while running with a 2.76 upper. So far so good with the RAM handling the Whipple.

Now... Just waiting for my IRS to shit the bed, thus, forcing me to go solid.

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Oct 13, 2007
yeah the car makes 20 more whp and 30 more wtq now, so i expected some issue, but nothing like that :(

Are you running drag radials or a slick, and do you have full legnth subframe connectors?

A slick will absorb a lot of that stress sent to the half shafts with a drag radial. Some stiffer springs wouldn't hurt either, there a ton of things you can do to help keep them in tact but if it starts to hop, get out of it :burnout:

Still good time for your power level :biggthump

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
Are you running drag radials or a slick, and do you have full legnth subframe connectors?

A slick will absorb a lot of that stress sent to the half shafts with a drag radial. Some stiffer springs wouldn't hurt either, there a ton of things you can do to help keep them in tact but if it starts to hop, get out of it :burnout:

Still good time for your power level :biggthump

im a completely stock suspension car on a nitto 555r, the car didnt feel like it was hopping, just spinning, but i was wrong obviously :(

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
fuck solid rear IRS FTW!!!:(
Keep blowing shit up and you'll change your tune. :p

If you're gonna spend alot of time at the dragstrip, the solid is the way to fly. :headbang:

yeah the car makes 20 more whp and 30 more wtq now, so i expected some issue, but nothing like that :(
Grippy clutch + grippy track + stiff sidewall drag radials = continuing to break stuff in the IRS when dumping the clutch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info