• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

98 cobra semi new numbers

lit

one bad motha!
Jan 28, 2008
well finally finished with most of the car. It's breaking up at 6k and just falls flat on it's face. Hopefully I'll have that fixed this week. Ordered new coil packs and will regap the plugs again. I need my 7k shifting to keep me in the power band. Not sure on the boost yet since it's just dies at 6k.

so at 6k on 18* of timing, t trim, 2.95 pulley, w/ aftercooler, 93 octane

557/493

lit

one bad motha!
Jan 28, 2008
completely built short block, cp pistons, manley rods, arp studs. all the goodies. .20 over

comp bee hive springs, comp retainers, manley valves, stock cams and no head work

T-trim w/ aftercooler

8 rib conversion,

promotion t45 w/ 26 spline input shaft

Glennsperformance fuel system

Bassani mids, x-pipe, magnaflow exhaust ( I want to change it)

lots of other stuff to add but thats the basics.

avmech

Regular
Aug 7, 2008
did you have it on the dyno when it breaks up? that should show you if its fuel or spark related. with all the mods, what is done to your fuel system? making that kind of power you would need bigger injectors,fuel rail,fuel lines, at least the twin pumps from a cobra and a BAP or a big ass pump.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
I think you are going to need atleast a boost-a-spark or an ignition box.

Lot's of guys have had good luck with the BAS, but I never used it since I wanted to have a 2 step. AEM makes a box w/o a 2step that people seem to be having good luck with.

If you want a box with a 2step then MSD DIS4 or the new Accel DIS8 are your only options. I just switched over to the Accel unit and was having some issues. Accel just sent it back after 'fixing' the issue and I have yet to be out testing again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info