• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Do I need to replace my brakes?

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I recently installed some hawk brake pads with a buddy of mine, and the pin that goes through the caliper keeps falling and rubs against the rotor.

I always push it back into place, but after driving for a bit, it will fall back against the rotor, and while driving, make constant high pitches rubbing noise(metal against metal).

Any ideas on how this can be fixed, or what I need to do?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
Wouldn't I have to jack the car up and remove the rim? Even after I get a new C-Clip, won't I need to have the wheel off?

Yes you need to remove the wheel...i was confused at the PITA part of that?...

it shouldnt be too bad to add that c clip in...maybe 15 min... I would recommend getting more than one for a just in case measure. Hope this solves your problem!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info