• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

pulley swaps....

mxnboy111

Oct 2, 2006
hey guys I just recently got my cobra and I wanna do a pulley swap on it..... I think I got everything covered just had a few questions.... I was thinking about going with the billet flow 2.93 pulley with the 100 idler pulley.... Should I just get the upper pulley idler or get all 4 at once.... Also what tuner do u guys think is better... The predator or the SCT??? I have heard that I would also have to swap plugs.... What kind of plugs are good for this application??? The NGK TR-6???? And since the car is my summer dd... Would this affect the reliability of it on the street??? Thanx guys.... Ne help appreciated....

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
hey guys I just recently got my cobra and I wanna do a pulley swap on it..... I think I got everything covered just had a few questions.... I was thinking about going with the billet flow 2.93 pulley with the 100 idler pulley.... Should I just get the upper pulley idler or get all 4 at once.... Also what tuner do u guys think is better... The predator or the SCT??? I have heard that I would also have to swap plugs.... What kind of plugs are good for this application??? The NGK TR-6???? And since the car is my summer dd... Would this affect the reliability of it on the street??? Thanx guys.... Ne help appreciated....

Get at least a 2.8. 2.93 is a waste for what you would get out of it. With a safe tune there's no worries. TR-6 is good. Go with all 4 pulleys. SCT is more common. I have a Predator, but if I did it over, I would go SCT. Many tuners do both so it's not that big of a deal.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Get at least a 2.8. 2.93 is a waste for what you would get out of it.
With a safe tune there's no worries.
TR-6 is good.
Go with all 4 pulleys.

+1 to all that :headbang:

IMO, get the 2.76 billetflow, 4 piece idlers, NGK TR-6 plugs, an SCT, and a tune from Mr. Kurgan.

I have all those items on my car as well as a CAI, Magnaflow high flow X-pipe and Stinger catback. No problems, and loads of fun. :biggthump

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
ok now i understand that the upper idler provides more belt wrap..... but whats the purpose of the other 3?? are they just better quality or is there another purpose. and thanks for the recomendation on the SCT... cuz i was kinda clueless on which one was better.

Hands down get the Billet Flow double bearing idlers the factory ones are a piece of shit and will crap out on you.....if you kept the car stock you would be okay but when you start spinning the blower harder its only a matter of time:eek:

Also I have a predator that I am no longer in need for.....

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
ok now i understand that the upper idler provides more belt wrap..... but whats the purpose of the other 3?? are they just better quality or is there another purpose. and thanks for the recomendation on the SCT... cuz i was kinda clueless on which one was better.
Did you not read my post? I said that the stock idler have a tendancy to grenade (explode or crack) due to them spinning faster. Ask T Factor what happens when you have stock idlers on a pullied car.

mxnboy111

Oct 2, 2006
Thanks or allthe help guys.... I'm about to check my funds right now and most likely I'm gonna order the 2.78, with the 4 idlers, SCT programmer, TR-6 plugs, and the belt either today or Monday so I can put it on next week..... thanks for helping me out guys... Really appreciate it!!!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks or allthe help guys.... I'm about to check my funds right now and most likely I'm gonna order the 2.78, with the 4 idlers, SCT programmer, TR-6 plugs, and the belt either today or Monday so I can put it on next week..... thanks for helping me out guys... Really appreciate it!!!
you can use your stock belt with the 2.76, snub idler and the three idlers

mxnboy111

Oct 2, 2006
hey guys I was about to purchase everything last night then I noticed that there were two differet kinds of the SCT tuner... One for custom tunes and another for a strategy tune.... Which one is better.... I mean as of now I just want the car to run right but later on I would like to get a custom tune.... So I was thinking of getting the strategy tuner but can someone do a custom tune with that one later on down the road??

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
Any SCT tuner should be able to take a "canned" tune from the place you get it from. These are just a round about tune according to your mods that come preprogrammed when they send it to you. A custom tune is when you put your car on a dyno and run the car under load while watching a wideband O2 sensor to see where the air/fuel is and make adjustments. You can make much more power and do it much safer because these sessions can also pick up a problem if there is one instead of just guessing according to what you have done.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
hey guys I was about to purchase everything last night then I noticed that there were two differet kinds of the SCT tuner... One for custom tunes and another for a strategy tune.... Which one is better.... I mean as of now I just want the car to run right but later on I would like to get a custom tune.... So I was thinking of getting the strategy tuner but can someone do a custom tune with that one later on down the road??

i have x3's in stock and can send one with a custom tune... give me a call or email me and ill hook you up!

Ill be at the dyno all day today, so you are more then welcome to come up and pick one up. I will create a tune on the spot for you if you bring a list of mods!

mxnboy111

Oct 2, 2006
thanks bob for the tuner....still waiting for the parts to come in from lethal performance..... but while im anxiously waiting i got to thinking.... with all that extra boost does anything have to be done to the fuel system??? like larger injectors?? or just the tune with the stock injectors?? any help appreciated..... thanks guys

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
thanks bob for the tuner....still waiting for the parts to come in from lethal performance..... but while im anxiously waiting i got to thinking.... with all that extra boost does anything have to be done to the fuel system??? like larger injectors?? or just the tune with the stock injectors?? any help appreciated..... thanks guys

stock injectors are good to 525 horse so you should be ok you will be at somewhere from 450 to 470 with those mods i would not do tr6's and do tr7ix's its a irdium plug much smoother idle and car will run better you will only need to upgrade fuel if you add a ported blower or a twin screw blower

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info