• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Struts

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Noise in the front was driving me crazy and I thought it was a little too much to be just the LT's taping the K.
We found that the drivers side front strut is toast and the passneger side is on its way as well. It was hard to find as it was concealed inside the coilover. A bunch of us at the alignment shop were rocking the car front and back, side to side while one was under the car looking at the tie rods, struts etc
Not sure what to put on here now?
Ive got MM coilovers all the way around. 400's in the front and 550's in the rear.
Anyone want to point me in a good direction for struts. I may just get a new set of 04 stockers and put them on?
I was also looking at some Lakewood 70/30 up front and then I would have to change out the rears and put in some 50/50's Not sure of the ride quality on these
Im on a budget here so be gentle.
Id like to stay close to the stiffness I have now as Im comfortable with it.
I dont need to be nose diving my oil pan and LT's

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
no I havent
The nuts werent torqued on the passenger side CC plate causing me to go out of alignment
The idle issue was me over oiling the K&N
Battery took a shit because of the wrong size alt pulley over spinning the alt
and the shocks are the originals in the car

No I didnt get taken on it. If you knew what I walked away with this car for $$ you would shit yourself

y2k4cobra

04 Screaming Yellow Cobra
Jun 13, 2007
OK thanks... I was looking at those too
Not sure which ones to get with this 400# rating up front

I would give them a call, they should be able to recommend a spring rate for what you want to do with the car. QA1 customer service is pretty good I asked the guy some questions and they pretty much told me what to go with to get the results I wanted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info