• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

shifting......

mxnboy111

Oct 2, 2006
hey guys...... Fairly new to driving the 03 cobra around and just had a quick question..... When I'm driving around normally it shifts smoothly... But when I step on it and I'm shifting it at redline, the shifter just doesn't want to go into the next gear smoothly. I was wondering if it was something with the shifter and I should just upgrade to an MGW now???? Or is it something else???? I'm also hunching that my clutch needs to be adjusted cuz sometimes when stopped it's kinda hard to shift it into 1st..... Any help appreciated guys.... Thanx!!

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Sounds like just an adjustment issue... although a smoother, more precise shifter wouldn't hurt either.[/QUOTE

+1 Order yourself up a Fiore Micro Click Firewall Adjuster and a Quadrant Adjuster this will help your clutch engage all the way and get rid of some of the play in the cable. I used to have the same problem, but once I did this mod it all went away!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
hey guys...... Fairly new to driving the 03 cobra around and just had a quick question..... When I'm driving around normally it shifts smoothly... But when I step on it and I'm shifting it at redline, the shifter just doesn't want to go into the next gear smoothly. I was wondering if it was something with the shifter and I should just upgrade to an MGW now???? Or is it something else???? I'm also hunching that my clutch needs to be adjusted cuz sometimes when stopped it's kinda hard to shift it into 1st..... Any help appreciated guys.... Thanx!!

if its a stock clutch cable with stock quadrant do this...

put your foot under the clutch pedal and pull back towards the seat till you feel the 'click' in the pedal. then press and depress the clutch completely 3 times. Repeat this process till you get the clutch where you like it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info