• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Removable Roll Bar

PittsS2E

Jul 14, 2008
A driving course I am thinking about taking requires a 4-point (minimum) roll bar for my convertible. Is it possible to make a removable roll bar? If so, can you recommend someone who can do this?

Having a permanent roll bar would not be good for my marriage.

(I’m just a casual driver that will never go to the track other than to take this course. I doubt I’ll ever put the roll bar in the car except to take the course.)

Thanks

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
I've researched this quite a bit but have not come up with much. There is a Maximum Motorsports roll bar that is a bolt on piece and can be removed. It does require drilling however to the floor just behind the front seats and in between the side of the rear seats. Check out the auto-crossing or road racing section of SVTP, there are a few convertible guys there that could help you. Most of them are dedicated racers and leave the bars in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• PittsS2E
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list