• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Octane Question

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Will octane level affect how the car idles?
For instance. This demon is tuned on a weak tune for 91 pump piss. I drive the car around a few weeks back and its on 91. Son of bitch dies at every stop unless I e-brake it and feather the gas. Im figuring it might have been my MAF clocking or too much oil on the K&N. I clean the maf and housing with maf cleaner and get gas. I pumped in 93 and the thing idles and runs like a champ.
Then Im forced to put 91 in it last week here local as there wasnt any 93 and the thing goes back to dying and running like shit.
I just changed out my snout on the whipple yada yada and take it down to get some gas (still running on 91) and its dying all over the place. I put in some 93 and drive it around a bit and it idles great and pulls like a gorilla on steroids. Just wondering if the octane has a big affect like this?
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info