• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03 Cobra parts for 86 Capri???

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OK Guys. I am getting to the point where I need to start buying stuff for the air to water intercooler. I already have and installed a Afco double pass heat exchanger. Now I need a pump. So I need to know what the stock intercooler pump flows. Any one know? Or is there a popular upgrade for that pump?

Also, anyone know of a spare tire water tank like this one? This is a HP Performance one. I just was wondering if there were others out there.
mmfp_0806_cool_04_z+HP_performance_quarter_mile_cooler_install+.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help. :biggthump

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
OK Guys. I am getting to the point where I need to start buying stuff for the air to water intercooler. I already have and installed a Afco double pass heat exchanger. Now I need a pump. So I need to know what the stock intercooler pump flows. Any one know? Or is there a popular upgrade for that pump?

Also, anyone know of a spare tire water tank like this one? This is a HP Performance one. I just was wondering if there were others out there.

Thanks in advance for the help. :biggthump

I would consult with Bob....but I do know that Meziere makes a pump...we used one on a Turbo Drag Radial car a few years back...but this was a air to water like you've seen on Bob's car thou

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yea, Meziere, CSR and a few others make remote pumps that work great. But it is expensive. The Cobra pump can be had for $100 but may not be enough as it only flows about 4 gallons per minute. I think that is a little slow as my system will have about 8-9 gallons of water in it. Maybe I am wrong. But I am still researching it. From what I came across so far it looks like I need about 30 gallons per minute.

I will ask Bob as I think he has some thing like a centrifugal Granger pump in his car.

Here is a good read about the GT500 set up.
link

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Yea, Meziere, CSR and a few others make remote pumps that work great. But it is expensive. The Cobra pump can be had for $100 but may not be enough as it only flows about 4 gallons per minute. I think that is a little slow as my system will have about 8-9 gallons of water in it. Maybe I am wrong. But I am still researching it. From what I came across so far it looks like I need about 30 gallons per minute.

I will ask Bob as I think he has some thing like a centrifugal Granger pump in his car.

Here is a good read about the GT500 set up.
link

Mike, I'd highly recommend the Meziere pump. I think it flows 20 GPM and was very reliable in my car. I'd never use a stock Cobra pump in a remote ice box situation, just not enough powa. As for the ice box, look up this guy, http://www.chiseledperformance.net/ he will make a tank to whatever dimensions you want. I had a sweet one made that fit in my spare well and you couldnt even see it, and it wasnt even $200 to have him make it, pretty reasonable if you ask me.

I got good news! We may have a use for your garage soon. Give me a jingle when you have a sec. You can call tonite if you want, I stay uo till 1 or 2 usually. PM sent with #

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Mike, I'd highly recommend the Meziere pump. I think it flows 20 GPM and was very reliable in my car. I'd never use a stock Cobra pump in a remote ice box situation, just not enough powa. As for the ice box, look up this guy, http://www.chiseledperformance.net/ he will make a tank to whatever dimensions you want. I had a sweet one made that fit in my spare well and you couldnt even see it, and it wasnt even $200 to have him make it, pretty reasonable if you ask me.

I got good news! We may have a use for your garage soon. Give me a jingle when you have a sec. You can call tonite if you want, I stay uo till 1 or 2 usually. PM sent with #

Yea the Cobra was more or less to get a base flow rating. But Turbomustangs had a bunch of help for pumps and stuff. So that was a huge help.

I was going to call Chiseled today and ran out of time. I asked Larry a while back if he still had the one or already used it. Couldn't talk him out of it. haha
I will call them tomorrow. But heck I pay two guys $.01 a hour for fabrication. So that is always a option. haha

Good to hear. I was going to PM you and see what was going on. I will call you in a little bit.

jabsco centripuppy

Do you know the part number Bob? I know everyone liked the 18510-0000 but they are disco. Some one recommended the 50830.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info