• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need a new clutch cable?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I installed my clutch a few days ago, together with LDC free play mod, fiore micro-click, adjuster and steeda quadrant.
Now, here is the problem. I think that my clutch cable is a bit too short because even with the firewall adjuster fully screwed in my TOB is still sitting on the pressure plate fingers a bit. I can't get any more clack into the cable no matter what I do. LDC is doing it's job and it keeps the fork back, but it is not going back enough because there is no play in the cable. Should I be looking at one of those double hook quadrants because it seems that everyone prefers using the stock cable? And, also, I am not sure if I installed the adjuster right so I am gonna snap a couple of pics (be back in a minute) - any advice is more than welcome :biggthump

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
fioreadjusted.jpg

ok. After looking online some more it seems that I should have removed some of that rubber shroud to get the cable to slide in, right?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I = owned. lol
I was in a hurry, and did not want to jack anything up. lol I cut that rubber all off, and then it fits perfectly inside the fiore. Also, fiore came with it's own rubber grommet that goes inside. lol
Oh well - at least it is fixed right. Now, all I have to do is get some longer exhaust hangers put on the exhaust.
I bought a used exhaust and for some reason guy before me had the hangers re-welded and made shorter. This cut down on the clearance between the undercarriage of the car and exhaust. I am assuming that it did the same thing that it is doing for me now - when accelerating under load the exhaust rattles - against the IRS brace. So, he just sold the exhaust - lol
Anyone knows a good exhaust shop around gurnee that could take care of this for me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list