• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

problems with 98 Cobra

jlace00

May 30, 2008
got my 98 cobra back from the being painted and partial disassembled and reassembled, now when driving along it runs good but then i hear something click under the dash and the car just bogs and dies!! So then i can shut it off and it restarts right back up and runs for a while and dies!! Any ideas, could the problem be when the engine goes to closed loop ??? thanks in advance!

love bandit2

Mar 25, 2004
got my 98 cobra back from the being painted and partial disassembled and reassembled, now when driving along it runs good but then i hear something click under the dash and the car just bogs and dies!! So then i can shut it off and it restarts right back up and runs for a while and dies!! Any ideas, could the problem be when the engine goes to closed loop ??? thanks in advance!

the relay to open the secondary runners makes a clicking noise at 3250 rpm (if I remember correctly). If your engine dies once you hit that RPM, something may be up with your secondaries... I've heard over time they tend to get gunked up and stick shut.

ok I just realized how old this thread is... sorry,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info