• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How is your fast

P

PearlBlue L

the L stock should be able to run 13.3-13.5 with just a little air let out of the tires.

putting a 6# lower and a tune on the truck will get you 12's. the exhuast gain is so minimal until you start making near 500rwhp, so right now the exhuast is just for sound. the stock intake is fine, maybe put in a drop in K&N filter. Dont go out and get a cold air intake that is exposed to the engine heat. Get one with its own box it sits in, Ive always liked JLPs intakes.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
depending on what stage port you get, for example a truck with a stage V port, slicks, t-bars, 6lb lower and a good tune is very capable of doing high 11's especially if you're spraying meth as well. it also depends on the driver
Yea, I had no doubt the high 11 was possible. I guess I misread the post and assumed you meant that taking a mid-12 Lightning and just porting the blower would put you in the 11's (which I imagine would require 65 or more rwhp on a vehicle as heavy as a Lightning).

For a second there I thought Steig had some special port that only worked on Lightning blowers. :)

Thanks for the clarification. :biggthump

This truck looks stock right now. How much we talking to get it going. Tuner? Pully? CAI? Gears?I actually want this truck going fast by Summer if I get it.

best thing out there is for you to get the Stage 2 or 3 power package from LFP, it's a good start, it just depends on what you want... if you care about going fast then do a pulley, exhaust, good tune, and that should get you a decent amount of horses (40-65 depending on what size pulley and tune). then you can do more bolt on (SBTB, plenum, headers, gears etc) a valve body is a must on any lightning and should be one of the 1st mods along with a deeper tranny pan. once that gets too slow for ya work on other stuff....

Can he bypass Stage 1 & 2 and go straight for the Whipple or Kenne Bell, stall/trans cooler, exhaust, tune and DRs?

you can go from a brand new truck you purchased 2 days ago to a full built, i mean it's all about how much $ you wanna spend. whipple/kb blowers can be used on stock blocks but you will never see their full potentials in that set up, i'm sure a lot will argue this, but to me if you're not going to get a built block there' no need for anything more then a stage IV or even V port on an eaton. This will run you between 400-600 where a used kb/whipple will be $2,000 plus. also, with a ported eaton and supporting mods you will be hitting the safe limit of a stock L block, which is somewhere around 450 hp to be safe. not saying more power can't be achieved and some have pushed the envelopes, but it's not worth it for it. with that said i just can't justify a S/C upgrade on a stock block... just my .02 cents

that trans is a different story, you gotta think about if this truck is a daily driver you might not want a really high stall, i mean 2400-2600 stall on a lighting is plenty for a DD.

Rafal

I know this has Nothing to do with this Topic but If i a car or truck is tuned by a handheld like "predator" for example then someone just takes it out could that car get tuned by another tuner like "Sniper Commando"? ty for input

most tuners would not want you switch tuning devices and since most of them are so widely trained on these there's not real reason to switch I mean if one tuner uses your Predator and you decide to switch tuners,chances are pretty good your new tuner will have Predator capabilities, just ask around. but theoretically yes, you can switch from hand held tuners to chips and everything in between.

cobrafreak34

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
most tuners would not want you switch tuning devices and since most of them are so widely trained on these there's not real reason to switch I mean if one tuner uses your Predator and you decide to switch tuners,chances are pretty good your new tuner will have Predator capabilities, just ask around. but theoretically yes, you can switch from hand held tuners to chips and everything in between.

Well i askd this question cuase i bought my truck a couple months ago from a dealer.it has mods and was tuned by something but i dont know what and now the tune is way outta wack so i need to tune it again so thats why i askd thanks for input

Well i askd this question cuase i bought my truck a couple months ago from a dealer.it has mods and was tuned by something but i dont know what and now the tune is way outta wack so i need to tune it again so thats why i askd thanks for input

in that case you will have no prob, just buy a hand held and get it tuned before any great damage occurs.... which dealer did you buy it from? I know i drove a silver one with a flowmaster exhaust and cowl hood at a dealer a few months back and the AF was all over the place and the dealer tried to tell me the gauge was broken and they were going to take it out, but the truck run like crap under any boost

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info