• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

On my way to the picnic and...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
...I find I have a full throttle bog. It's serious enough that I turned around and headed home. Part throttle operation is normal but when I get to full throttle the car misses/bogs. It's bogging like a carbureted car that is getting too much gas. Checking air/gas/spark, I pulled the air filter off and replaced it with an old one. No difference so it's not a dirty air filter. My next guess is something fuel related. Boost a pump? clogged injector? I'm not sure what would allow normal part throttle operation but show up as a full throttle bog/miss? Anyone had this happen or know the cause?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
You guys may be right about the FRPS. I took it for another test ride and now it is missing at part throttle. It now feels like it did last time the POS FRPS went out on me. If it is the FRPS, the diaphragm may be continuing to rip causing the fuel delivery to get worse and worse. I'll pick one up from Sutton in the morning and replace it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
also have you cleaned your MAF lately? i know on my old 95 gt i had that problem but it was all within the same 20 minute ride. first the WOT then the part throttle and all it was was a clogged up MAF wire. not saying its that but worth checking

I looked at the wire but didn't see any obvious contamination and didn't clean it. If the FRPS doesn't work, I will try it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
get a KB damper disc in under that FRPS

I had one and it didn't prevent the FRPS blowing out for the second time.

Good news is the problem was the FRPS and it's a 5 minute repair. It failed for the third time in my car's lifetime. I was thinking it probably wasn't the FRPS because I thought James had told me the FRPS wouldn't blow with his tune. Maybe I am remembering wrong. :dunno:

Ford also raised the price on the FRPS. List price is now $88.32. Thanks to Sutton for getting me the part and for taking care of me and thanks to you guys for your suggestions and advice.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
...Good news is the problem was the FRPS and it's a 5 minute repair. It failed for the third time in my car's lifetime. I was thinking it probably wasn't the FRPS because I thought James had told me the FRPS wouldn't blow with his tune. Maybe I am remembering wrong. :dunno:...

Actually, I think you are right... I remember him mentioning that the newer tunes don't require this. You may want to give him a jingle or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info