• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

alternators. 6 or 8 rib pulley?

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
I am trying to find an alternator for the 04 termi engine i purchased. But they list two different ones, an 8 rib and 6 rib pulley.

they recommended that I check to see what my stock one was, before ordering the right one, but since i didnt have one on my engine, I cant do that. lol

so I am just wondering, people with 03 04 cobras, what alternator do you have? the 6 or 8 rib?

this is the email they sent me:

“Lester”, a company specializing in alt and starter identification, shows 2 different alts for the 2004 Mustang with VIN Y. One of them specifies the supercharged Cobra Engine. This one takes an 8436 alt with a 6-groove clutch pulley and not a standard 8-groove as ours does…BUT…two of the people who received the 8436, found that when they received our alt and removed their alt, they did in fact have the 8304 on their vehicles. So, in all fairness, it might be best for you to remove your alt first and literally do a visual inspection to see which one you need. Again, as I do not know anything other than you have a 2004 Cobra, this is the best info I can give you.

thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• V
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list