• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Well Its Done

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
After 12 long hours yesterday, the car is finally lowered,H&R race with isos, along with mm caster camber plates, steeda bumpsteer kit, and x2 ball joints. It has not been aligned yet so it still looks a little off.

Oh and I dont know how the rest of you did your rear springs, but the rental tool from autozone for compressing the springs SUCKS, it was misery trying to get the rear springs to get in.

Here are a few pics, also the antenna delete enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00560.jpg
    DSC00560.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00561.jpg
    DSC00561.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00562.jpg
    DSC00562.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00563.jpg
    DSC00563.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00565.jpg
    DSC00565.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 163

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
looks great dan! Lowering is the next major mod im doing to my car probably this winter for next spring. Your car definitely came down a bit not so 4x4 anymore! Cant wait to cruise with ya!! My cars done btw so lemme know when your down to cruise!

Oh I know, it was 4 years overdue lol. I cant believe I didnt do this b 4. And Im in 4 a cruise anytime when its nice, we can hit up the square soon. Let me know when you wanna go you got my #. OH and svt picnic 4 sure.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Way to much work to do rear springs. I drop the lower shock bolt and tie rod ends, Remove the back IRS bolts and lower the whole irs about 6 inches or so (untill it hits the exhaust) and the springs fall right out. Takes about half a hour or so.

Looks good tho man! Who do u like those ball joints?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Way to much work to do rear springs. I drop the lower shock bolt and tie rod ends, Remove the back IRS bolts and lower the whole irs about 6 inches or so (untill it hits the exhaust) and the springs fall right out. Takes about half a hour or so.

Looks good tho man! Who do u like those ball joints?

Thanks now I just need to get it aligned. As far as the ball joints go I like them I had them on my 02 gt, plus they are greasable. And as much reading as I have done on lowering the car most people say you should instal the x2's they help alot.

And I figured as much that most people are dropping the whole IRS because there is no way everyone is doing it like I did that was a serious pain in the ass.

Do you have the x2?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info