• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

cannot get off fuel filter

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
ok i really quit. i tried 3 separate times for about an hour apiece. i got everything all loose except the actual fuel lines. i used the fuel disconnecters but at that angle and with all that shit in the way, i could not get it off. im sure it hasnt been changed in awhile (at least the 14k miles ive owned her) so it needs to be done but for the life of me i cannot get it. is there any hints or even.....a place where they will take it off for cheap? i really really dont want to go up there again because i almost broke down in tears from frustration last time :alcoholic: .

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
ok i really quit. i tried 3 separate times for about an hour apiece. i got everything all loose except the actual fuel lines. i used the fuel disconnecters but at that angle and with all that shit in the way, i could not get it off. im sure it hasnt been changed in awhile (at least the 14k miles ive owned her) so it needs to be done but for the life of me i cannot get it. is there any hints or even.....a place where they will take it off for cheap? i really really dont want to go up there again because i almost broke down in tears from frustration last time :alcoholic: .

I could be wrong here but I think there is a special tool or trick to getting them off..........I have not changed one in a few years but I do remember something. Post up in Modularfords and ask there

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
What I do:
Place the key in position into the end of the filter, lightly push in with the fuel line while holding the filter with the other hand. Put the fuel line between your two fingers so after you push in you can push in with the key with those fingers then pull straight back out and it comes out with the key. Once you get the key to go in you should just be able to hold the key in place and pull back on it. Some times its a snap and most others its a pain in the crank.

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
yeah, i used to replace my old fuel filter on my 95 and ive always tried to use the plastic ones. it fit on there pretty well but the key would just not release on either side whether they are gummed up or what. seeing ill be replacing the filter more often again i think i might pony up for a nice metal set. ill just want to shoot someone in the face if i cannot get them off with those though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list