• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Those with aftermarket H/E's LFP

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
I cant make heads or tails of this new LFP heat exchanger I got. The pictures in the manual show a completely different unit. What im trying to figure out, is which way is it supposed to be mounted.
here is two pics, both from the drivers point of view, facing forward.

can anyone please tell me which is the correct configuration?
thanks

DSC05571.jpg

or

DSC05572.jpg

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
The first pic is correct, the drain is suppose to be on the bottom and facing away from the engine. And I also just realised the plumbing I have is for the stock heat exhchanger unit only it wont work with your LFP dual pass. I also run the LFP and they gave me all new hoses that lead up to the pump.

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
The first pic is correct, the drain is suppose to be on the bottom and facing away from the engine. And I also just realised the plumbing I have is for the stock heat exhchanger unit only it wont work with your LFP dual pass. I also run the LFP and they gave me all new hoses that lead up to the pump.

thanks for the reply.

I got my LFP brand new, so i got the hoses that came with it too. But as far as i know, the owner of LFP told me Ill need alot of the items shown in the picture.

do you have any of those?

intercoolerlx5.jpg

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006

wait, now this is going to get confusing. i took the pics from the vantage point of being inside the car. But youre saying that the first picture is correct. but that it wouldnt be from the vantage point of inside the car, it would be correct if you were looking at it from the front of the car? I figured the plug and all that would face the engine, not out towards the bumper? but youre saying they are supposed to face the bumper?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
wait, now this is going to get confusing. i took the pics from the vantage point of being inside the car. But youre saying that the first picture is correct. but that it wouldnt be from the vantage point of inside the car, it would be correct if you were looking at it from the front of the car? I figured the plug and all that would face the engine, not out towards the bumper? but youre saying they are supposed to face the bumper?

Yea because the drain will then be on top and you need it to be on the bottom. Ill tell you what Ill take a picture of mine today for ya after work and post em up it should help.

And I have plumbing 6k683F, 6k683g, 6k683e. They all have medal piping on the hoses as well. But here is where the problem is these hoses are only used on the stock applications, when you buy the LFP like you did they give you new hoses that eliminate the 3 that I just posted. So the plumbing that I have will be useless to you. You need all the upper plumbing from the intercooler pump and on.

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
Yea because the drain will then be on top and you need it to be on the bottom. Ill tell you what Ill take a picture of mine today for ya after work and post em up it should help.

And I have plumbing 6k683F, 6k683g, 6k683e. They all have medal piping on the hoses as well. But here is where the problem is these hoses are only used on the stock applications, when you buy the LFP like you did they give you new hoses that eliminate the 3 that I just posted. So the plumbing that I have will be useless to you. You need all the upper plumbing from the intercooler pump and on.

damn. alrighty. well yea, a picture would help. thanks

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
You've got it backwards in the above picture(facing the wrong way) Look at the assembly picture.

The tube that is curved goes on the lower passenger side.

ok, see thats where the tiny pics in the install manual gets confusing. u cant see the whole car, and it never mentions exactly.

so basically the 2nd picture i posted in my 1st post, was correct. and if i spun the h/e 180 degrees, it would be in the correct position? that would make the most sense.

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
yup thats it. just make sure that the petcock valve faces towards the engine and its on the top side of the heat exchanger not bottom. It almost seems backwards but its not.

If you got the stencil one it would have made things less confusing LOL.

haha yea, but since i have a GT i wasnt about to get SVT or Cobra on there. :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info