• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Easy job turned into nightmare.

booterr69

Feb 23, 2006
I had a rear axle noise and figured it was just axle bearings, The neighbor talked me into removing the axles when we were in the garage having a few beers. When the cover came off, and after the drivers c-clip was removed, I went to remove the passanger side c-clip and I noticed that the ring gear assy. moved from side to side about a 1/4 of an inch.:crying:
The side shims were not cracked but wore out, like they were spinning in place.:dunno: Seems like the housing is ok, all the brarings ate pitted to shit, and the ring and pinion edges are very sharp.
So now I will install 4.10's and a complete rebuild including axles, since the bearing surface on the axles are also pitted.
Unless someone is selling a complete 8.8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info