• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

BAP full time or vacuum switch?

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Ok, I have read this both ways some people just twist the vacuum switch wires togethor and run the BAP full time and others hook up the switch to the "T" under behind the glove box and put the switch in. For my mods and the tunes I will be using what do you guys think?

For tune "A"
2.76 upper, home ported blower, 60's, stock pump, other basics

For tune "B"
2.76 upper, home ported blower, 60's, stock pump, other basics and a 75 dry shot.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
You can do it either way and I guess I'm in the minority since I have it hooked to an adjustable Hobbs switch. Wiring it full time means that there is one less part (the Hobbs switch) that you have to worry about failing, but I never wanted to run constant elevated voltage to my stock pumps.

I'm not in disagreement about wiring it full time, just mentioning that I didn't do mine that way.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
When I did have my BAP I had it wired with a hobbs switch, once in awhile it would feel like i hit fuel cut...I really didn't no why it was doing it at the time but now I no.

On my new setup with dual baps, the hobb switch is gettin the BFH

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
When I did have my BAP I had it wired with a hobbs switch, once in awhile it would feel like i hit fuel cut...I really didn't no why it was doing it at the time but now I no.

On my new setup with dual baps, the hobb switch is gettin the BFH

Dual BAP? I thought you had fual FPDM?

And I've had the fuel cut once when I was going WOT. My BAP is set to 0 FWIW

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info