• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What Yall Think????

03 Cobra

Jul 26, 2005
So i am thinking if i am going to spend money on getting a tune i might as well get a couple of other things too. I just want your opinion on the parts that i am thinking about getting (like yes good choice or this brand/model is better or don't waste your money on that mod and do this mod instead). Now with that being said keep in mind this is my DD so i want my car to be VERY reliable (like it is now). I only want to spend about 2k but will go up to
3k if i need to but that is the max for my budget right now. so 2k-3k

List of things that i am thinking about getting

MGW Shifter
LFP cooling Mod 2nd Gen

Billet Flow 2.8 or 2.76 upper pulley
Billet Flow 4 piece idler set
Stig Stag V port

^^^^ Or should i save up and get a Whipple along with all of the supporting mods

SCT & Tune either from Shaun AED (if i can get off on a monday), Amazon , RWTD or RET (but RET is about a 5-6 hour drive)

And if enough money some suspension do not know what i should get i just want a smoother ride not sure if i even want to go any lower with the bassani i can barely go over speed bumps at stock hight as it is.

List of my Current mods

JLT RAM AIR (painted Silver to match car :headbang: that MUST be worth 40 RWHP alone i heard silver makes your car faster LOL)
Bassani X pipe with cats & Bassani cat back
LFP Dual Pass HE
LFP Radiator
Billet Flow Brace
Billet Flow Bracket (Welded)
MM Full Length SFC (Welded)
FR500 Replica's 18x9 275x35 up front & DD 18x10.5 295x35 rear with BFG KDW in all 4 corners :headbang:
I did something else too like some bushings or something forgot what it was exactly LOL

Thanks for your input/opinions very much appreciated

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
everyone will most likely tell u to pass on the s/c port and go strait to the twin screw.

you could pulley it now and get a tune. if i were u i would have bob kurgan tune it. he is a site sponsor.

+1 on the Kurgan tune. And dont bother getting the port its not worth it pulley it and in a year or two throw a twin screw on it Kenne Bell or Whipple they r both great blowers.

But my advice to you is get yourself a beater once you start toying with these 11'sec mods you will go drag radial and driving that thing in the rain is a formula for disaster. You can take it from me one minute youre just fine in a straightaway doing 40mph on I-65 in a storm and the next youre in a ditch. Been there done that.

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
03 Cobra Mods

+2 Bob Krugen.......Tuned my car....it runs great. 2.76 billet flow. I had Hans from deans performance do the work. Very inexpensive and only took a couple of hours. Car puts out a lot more power, boost jumps of the guage. Do the pulley and tune, its worth it.

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
My blower is ported and tuned by a tuner that is not from the area. I have 2 suggestions.

1. Don't waste your money porting the blower. I am still debating if it really does much at all. The different in performance from a pullied eaton to a ported pullied eaton is not any type of bang for the buck. I suggest either getting a twin scew or just swap out the stock pulley. Forget the port.

2. Use a local tuner. There is nothing more aggravating having to deal with a tuner that lives 1500 miles away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info