• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Aftermarket K member discussion

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I 'm just wondering what everyone thinks of aftermarket K-members? Good ones? Bad ones? Anyone running one with A-Arms that have cups for the stock front springs? I think thats a pretty cool option.

How much weight did you take off the car and what kind are you using? Would you do it again? Is it OK on the street?

Anyone run an AJE K-member?

Any and all discussion is welcome:biggthump

Mean Mr Mustang

Govt. Conspirator
Nov 17, 2005
I threw the QA-1 on mine. After I got it in I welded in some extra supports on it to stiffen it up some, since it seemed to be a little on the flexible side. The main reason I got it was because it came with the spring cups, but in hindsight I would of gone with a different brand. It took off quite a bit of weight especially since the factory one weighs a ton. Theres also lots of room to work under there now.

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
I threw the QA-1 on mine. After I got it in I welded in some extra supports on it to stiffen it up some, since it seemed to be a little on the flexible side. The main reason I got it was because it came with the spring cups, but in hindsight I would of gone with a different brand. It took off quite a bit of weight especially since the factory one weighs a ton. Theres also lots of room to work under there now.

same here...

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Are there any CRASH tests with an aftermarket K member? I wonder what you give up there?

all k-members are considered "off road"... the same thing will happen with a tube k-member that would happen with a stock kmember, it will need to be replaced if involved in a front end crash..

I can tell you that when my car was involved in the 170mph crash this year and EVERY panel except the roof was damage, the kmember never budged... its still on the car..

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
all k-members are considered "off road"... the same thing will happen with a tube k-member that would happen with a stock kmember, it will need to be replaced if involved in a front end crash..

I can tell you that when my car was involved in the 170mph crash this year and EVERY panel except the roof was damage, the kmember never budged... its still on the car..

Sorry about your car, but I am curious as to what the difference in effect on my FEET wiil be in a typical head on collision at 40MPH. I just have this awkward fear of giving up some protection up front. I've been under cars with new K-members and I'm sorry, it ain't enough of a weight savings to me, and crashing on a drag Strip or Road Track can be horrible, but it usually isn't the MOST COMMON accident, and that's head on, so you see my fear?
Street cars should have BIG ASS K-MEMBERS, otherwise your feet will be eating a chunk of frontend parts smashed into the footwell real easily.

I just re-read this and MAN am I paranoid....12-28-07

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info