• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T56 Bushing install question

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
a pair of pliers should suffice to yank out the plastic one (they end up stuck to the ball end of the shifter half the time anyway)

the shifter being bolted down should be more than enough to hold the bushing in place.

you should have asked me a couple of days ago when I had the shifter off...

I am replacing the stock bushing in tonight, but read somewhere that it needs to be epoxyed in. Need to pick up anything I need on the way home, so a few questions:

- What did you use to pull the old one out?
- What epoxy did you use to put the new one in?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Really? Interesting, when I talked to him he told me that they would charge a core. If that's the case though... then maybe I shouldn't be beating on it and I should attempt to mess with it myself.

I copy and pasted this from their website:

Pricing is on an exchange basis. We build and ship you a transmission, you install it, then ship us the core back on the same pallet. If we do not receive the core back within 30 days, we will charge you $750 for the transmission core. Contact us if you do not have a core transmission. Prices subject to change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flatliner
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list