• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Flywheel questions

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Since I will be doing the clutch and spline upgrades this winter how much atention do I need to put on the flywheel. I replaced the clutch in my 97 at 60k and 110k miles and never touched the flywheel but I wonder if the termies are any diffrent. So for my car it mostly sees screwing around on the highway and around town and some middle of no where racing but I never got it to the strip (never got around to it) and I don't plan on drag racing it on any regular basis just once ot twice to see where it lines up. I more want to get into road racing again (john chime in here) so....

1. Leave it alone
2. Get it resurfaced
3. A new steel one (more stored energy)
4. New aluminum one (faster revs)
5. New aluminum one with replaceable contact

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Since I will be doing the clutch and spline upgrades this winter how much atention do I need to put on the flywheel. I replaced the clutch in my 97 at 60k and 110k miles and never touched the flywheel but I wonder if the termies are any diffrent. So for my car it mostly sees screwing around on the highway and around town and some middle of no where racing but I never got it to the strip (never got around to it) and I don't plan on drag racing it on any regular basis just once ot twice to see where it lines up. I more want to get into road racing again (john chime in here) so....

1. Leave it alone
2. Get it resurfaced
3. A new steel one (more stored energy)
4. New aluminum one (faster revs)
5. New aluminum one with replaceable contact

Option 5 and go with Fidenza...thats what I have

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jaykruger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list