• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra / Making "thud" sounds when shifting

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
I haven't had a chance to drive another cobra other than mine, but mine is a 2003 and almost 50-60% of the time when I shift the car or push the clutch in to go into gear it makes a thud sound. Also there is a whinning sound when I put the car into neutral and let the clutch out. I have heard that sould before and I guess maybe these are just noisy transmissions in the cobras (not sure). So I am guessing the sound to be maybe the rear end or the u-joint. Its hard to describe, its not very loud, but it is very deep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ME THINKS........Your clutch is out of wack and you are NOT disengaging all the way so when you shift into gear, the clutch is biting thereby making a thud sound as the gear goes in underpressure that is just so tiny, but yet, sounds like a thud. It's just takes a little twist of the firewall adjuster and you should be fine.
If you still have factory clutch adjustment, try that procedure. That is all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info