• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car doesn't burn any oil. good or bad?

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
I always use 6 qrts. Royal Purple 5W20. today I decided to change my own oil for the first time and i drained the entire oil till it dropped everything. I put the 6qrts. royal purple in and filled the empty bottles with old oil and still exactly 6qrts. I heard that our cars burn at least 1 qrts. oil but looks like mine doesn't and this put a ? in my mind.

bad? good? or maybe the royal purple is such a good oil and doesn't burn easily?

Thanks for your help in advance!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
1 qt every 5,000 miles on a car of your vintage is a pretty large amount. It is going to consume a little, sure, but it shouldn't be a full quart.

Six full quarts in and six full quarts out doesn't make much sense as a certain amount will be left to coat all the internal parts, plus what the filter's paper/foam absorbs.

But if you're getting out pretty much what you put in, thats a good thing. The time to worry is when you get more out than what you put in...

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
1 qt every 5,000 miles on a car of your vintage is a pretty large amount. It is going to consume a little, sure, but it shouldn't be a full quart.

Six full quarts in and six full quarts out doesn't make much sense as a certain amount will be left to coat all the internal parts, plus what the filter's paper/foam absorbs.

But if you're getting out pretty much what you put in, thats a good thing. The time to worry is when you get more out than what you put in...

I bought 6 qrts last time and let jiffy lube put it in for me (IN FRONT OF ME) and now i changed it and exactly 6qrts out of the car and put new 6qrts in.

:dunno:

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
or maybe the royal purple is such a good oil and doesn't burn easily?

Thanks for your help in advance!

You nailed it I have a buddy that has a Z06 and ran I think it was Mobil One for awhile and would go thru almost but not quite a quart when it was time for oil change...he started using RP and that problem is no more......RP prides themselves on that and there was testing done to prove it....I run it in my car all the time now and I can tell the difference. Its a bit on the pricey side but oil is what keeps your engine alive.....$8 a quart of oil versus blown motor........I will take the $8 anyday:)

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I cant believe you only run 6 quarts in the first place :eek:

You should always run 7 quarts.... lots of motor deaths from runnin 6 quarts. I only use 7 now. It brings it right to the top of the dipstick full level. This is a big discussion on SVTP and I did the test on it. FYI the stock pan holds 9 quarts of oil. Check this link to the thread I made on SVTP if you have any questions on this topic. Just lookin out for ya buddy!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413036

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
wow! I have been running 6qrts ever since i got the car. and i know other people running 6, 1/4 qrts at the most.

I guess i will go and buy one and put it in just incase but i will make a thread about this and see what others do.

Thanks Chad. you are the man. that link is awesome BTW!!:headbang:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
wow! I have been running 6qrts ever since i got the car. and i know other people running 6, 1/4 qrts at the most.

I guess i will go and buy one and put it in just incase but i will make a thread about this and see what others do.

Thanks Chad. you are the man. that link is awesome BTW!!:headbang:

Thanks dude. Thats what I'm here for to help out with the knowledge that I have and to meet others and enjoy are cars together and try to keep them together. Go get you extra quart and know that you have extra insurance with you motor. Give me a call this weekend if you want to go out for a cruise cause I'm sure you know my car is done and on the road :headbang:

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
Thanks dude. Thats what I'm here for to help out with the knowledge that I have and to meet others and enjoy are cars together and try to keep them together. Go get you extra quart and know that you have extra insurance with you motor. Give me a call this weekend if you want to go out for a cruise cause I'm sure you know my car is done and on the road :headbang:

am I gonna get my ass kicked??:D

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah I was just tossing around the idea. If I come I might just spectate. Maybe I'll make a soft pass or two with my car. I just cant afford to break anything at this point. I'm tapped out after this build

yeah I understand that. Honestly i cant afford breakage too but i cant help it. I wanna run the car one or two times hard and see if i can sqeueeze a new best out of the car but as i mentioned before on other thread, I think my clutch is slipping!:( I will find out if how bad it is at track.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
yeah I understand that. Honestly i cant afford breakage too but i cant help it. I wanna run the car one or two times hard and see if i can sqeueeze a new best out of the car but as i mentioned before on other thread, I think my clutch is slipping!:( I will find out if how bad it is at track.

I can drive the shit of any mustang with a solid axle. I've never launched a IRS stang in my life. So your gonna have to train me :lmao:

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
PM sent :banana2:

replied
sex.gif

Sep 17, 2005
good thread guys, and good link and thread on SVTP Qwik01. I just put 7 quarts of royal purple 5w30 in myself today and i almost started to drain out a quart. I figured i would check our tech section real quick and see if there was any info about puttin gmore then 6 in, and this thread popped right up. once again good info :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info