• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car "seems" slow

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Ok, haven't taken the car out in about two weeks, last weekend I put in the IRS bushings and BF Brace and BF Idlers so it was off the road. Yesterday I had the car out and it seemed like it was slower then usual. I checked a few plugs and they seemed fine (3,000 miles on NGKs), The air filter has mabey 5000 miles on it and it looked fine. I took out the MAF and cleaned it with some MAF cleaner. Boost is going up to 13-14ish. Car has just under 40k on it with just the few sig mods. I am not usre if I am just "used to it" now or if it really is down on power. Any other thoughts?

When I get home I am going to clean the TB and probally pick up a fuel filter and the install tools. Check ALL the plugs. Not sure if I will be able to get to it tonight though. I have never done any real datalogging yet just look at the numbers while driving. I have a predator any perticular things to look at, I know I will look at fuel pressure, pump duty, MAF flow, maf Voltage anything else?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah, the colder temps really made my old 04 feel much faster then it was. I was able to break the tires loose from a roll in third, and I could never do that in the summer with it. Same with my vette, it pulls like a freight train when the temps go down in the low 60's and lower.

Brian

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Stupid rain how am I supposed to [EDIT: SAFELY] check accleration when it is raining. Looks like I have to wait untill wensday to figure out the problem.

The problem may just be that you havent driven your car in awhile and thought it was faster than is :p :joke:....when I was gone to Cancun awhile back I was gone for a week and a half and when I got back I too pondered if it was the car....and nothing was really wrong it was just me. After I drove it around for a bit it was back to BAU:)

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
I think I got her figured it out, after work me and my buddy (thanks Kev) took the car out and stopwatched about seven 0-110mph pulls launching at about 2500 and not powershifting I was getting around 13.5-13.9ish second times watching the data log the fuel pressure dropped to 32ish PSI under WOT, went back changed the fuel filter, cleaned the TB and repeated the trial, got 12.9-13.1s this time around and pressue stayed above 37psi.

I knew the car felt slow

Then I got to thinking 3 weeks ago I left the house and forgot my wallet ended up coasting home on "fumes" in the car, (I usually fill up at 1/4 tank) My guess is I got some crud in the filter from sucking out of the bottom of the tank.

Side note:time to upgrade tires next spring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info