• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Donuts!!!!!!

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ok so when i had my 03 gt i could do donuts like no other. I love doing them. So to night i went to go do some in my cobra cause the tires are getting changed tomorrow. Well for some reson i can do almost one rotation then the engine cuts out. Like just stops and goes right to an idle. I tried four times and same results every time. BUT the last time i tried the check engine light came on right after. Is there something i dont know about the car and the irs?

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005
Like just stops and goes right to an idle. I tried four times and same results every time. BUT the last time i tried the check engine light came on right after. Is there something i dont know about the car and the irs?

Yikes. Are you banging it off the rev limiter? Could be overheating the clutch.

edit: I should probably have read the responses, lol

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Stay off the rev limiter. It's very stressful on the fuel delivery system when you bounce off it.

Sometimes I'm pointed in the wrong direction and rather than do a 3 point turn, I spin the car 180* with no problems. The Cobras are actually a dream to control. Very predictable and able to have the spin started and stopped precisely with your right foot. They're high powered sports cars, guys. Have fun with them.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Why don't you just beat the liv'n shit out of it? WTF, ya don't do that to IRS cars, much less a truly special car like the 03-04 Cobra.

I dont go out and do it every day. I tried it one night out of six months of owning it. Plus i bought the car to have fun with it. whats more fun then a couple of donuts. Cant baby the f'n car all the time. thats the way i feel about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info