• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First time at the track

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
Well I just got back from the track about 20min ago........What an embarassing exprience.

I was at WIR and there was a crap load of people. It felt like I just waited and waited to get to race. This was my first time in about 3yrs and first RWD car (i was a big dsm nut AWD).

Well, Here it goes....1st run I lined up with an eclipse turbo. Burnout was great, lined up,and launched and I was beat of the line but caught up no problem. First gear no problem, second felt like the rear end broke loose (the whole car felt floaty especially the rear), had the eclipse by 2 cars. I actually slowed down because I was nervous I may spin out or something, hesitated and I actually missed 3rd for about half a second. Got back into gear and I am side by side with the eclipse. I had no momentum or boost and could not catch up with him...Lost by half a car 14.2. F^%$#%$#$%#$
2nd run.....Burn out sucked w/ horrible wheel hop:eek:. Lined up with mitsu vr4. Again theses all wheel drives just kill me of the strat but catching up with them is a breeze. I just pounded the gears all the way through. I looked at my sideview mirror and the damn VR4 was so far behind that I spaced out and let off not realizing I haven't hit the trap yet...12.8 @ 117mph. CRAP!

I guess it wasn't that bad for the first time out. I would have gone again but the line was too long at it was getting late.

My mods are a 2.8 upper (I think), a predator tune ( I think), a pos xpipe no cats , and a bassani cat back. The car also sounds like it has an exhaust leak (sound like it is coming from where the x attaches to the headers).

Next year will be different:burnout:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Careful with the wheel hop or you'll be taking a flat bed home. I'd get concrete information on your pulley and tune; or better yet, get it re-tuned by a professional. We've personally seen one or two "mishaps" because a car was driven hard with an unknown tune and not even a datalog on a car that was bought used.:( I'd at least get a dyno or datalog (if you haven't already).

Keep practicing and the burnouts, launches, etc. will become more routine. :biggthump

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Careful with the wheel hop or you'll be taking a flat bed home. I'd get concrete information on your pulley and tune; or better yet, get it re-tuned by a professional. We've personally seen one or two "mishaps" because a car was driven hard with an unknown tune and not even a datalog on a car that was bought used.:( I'd at least get a dyno or datalog (if you haven't already).

Keep practicing and the burnouts, launches, etc. will become more routine. :biggthump

+1

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Well I just got back from the track about 20min ago........What an embarassing exprience.

I was at WIR and there was a crap load of people. It felt like I just waited and waited to get to race. This was my first time in about 3yrs and first RWD car (i was a big dsm nut AWD).

Well, Here it goes....1st run I lined up with an eclipse turbo. Burnout was great, lined up,and launched and I was beat of the line but caught up no problem. First gear no problem, second felt like the rear end broke loose (the whole car felt floaty especially the rear), had the eclipse by 2 cars. I actually slowed down because I was nervous I may spin out or something, hesitated and I actually missed 3rd for about half a second. Got back into gear and I am side by side with the eclipse. I had no momentum or boost and could not catch up with him...Lost by half a car 14.2. F^%$#%$#$%#$
2nd run.....Burn out sucked w/ horrible wheel hop:eek:. Lined up with mitsu vr4. Again theses all wheel drives just kill me of the strat but catching up with them is a breeze. I just pounded the gears all the way through. I looked at my sideview mirror and the damn VR4 was so far behind that I spaced out and let off not realizing I haven't hit the trap yet...12.8 @ 117mph. CRAP!

I guess it wasn't that bad for the first time out. I would have gone again but the line was too long at it was getting late.

My mods are a 2.8 upper (I think), a predator tune ( I think), a pos xpipe no cats , and a bassani cat back. The car also sounds like it has an exhaust leak (sound like it is coming from where the x attaches to the headers).

Next year will be different:burnout:

more practice thats all. we all had to start somewhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info