• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Kenne Bell question?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
get the 2.6. used ones go anywhere between $2600 and $3000. for $3350 you can get the 2.6 its way nicer than a 2.2l or 2.4. if you do decide to go with the used one just roll with the 2.2 unless you decide to run more than 24#'s of boost. you wont get much of a difference in a 2.4 if you run less than that. you can find the 2.2's for much cheaper. I did, just my opinion however.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
If you're not set on a KB, you should also consider a 2.3 Whipple. Several out there for good prices on SVTP or ModFords at any given time. Very efficient if you plan to run 21 psi and below. Just another option.

I seem to remember speaking to you at Byron a few weeks ago. Were you the one talking about smoking issues with your car on startup?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
2.2 are oil leakers...2.6 or whipple....I like the Kenne Bell my self but Id see what kinda price Steve over at Tousley Ford could get a 2.3 for :dunno: I heard they have better deals then Lethal :chair:

I have no problems with my 2.2l. The old style with the catch can were known for that. You also have to watch out for the old style whipples before the 140ax came out the so called 2.3l whipple had a bunch of recals and problems with them, thats why they went to the new one and all that back order business a little while back.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
post #3 said it best... if you are going to stay under 20psi, go with a 2.2kb or a 2.3 whipple.. If you pulley either blower for 17-19psi, you have INSTANT 17-19psi throughout the entire RPM range.

I have tuned over 10 KB2.8s and if they are not spun hard enough, the severely lack bottom end. They almost act like a centri blower. They make STUPID amounts of HP and torque if you are looking at 25+psi. The Whipple 3.4 also has similar characteristics as the KB 2.8..

I would pass on an 2.4 you see.. they are heat generators.. 3 cars that I tune lost power going for a 2.2 to a 2.4...

good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info