• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SLow tire leak - need rim repair shop

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
There is slight curb rash on one of my 95 cobra R chrome rims.

The tire keeps going flat every 5 days (using my air compressor gets old)

Is there any place that could repair the (dent) that is causing the air to leak?

I just bought new tires (old one went flat on same rim) so its defiantly the rim.

Instead of paying 200$ for a new replica is there any shops in preferably NWi that can repair the rim? or am I stuck forking $ to replace the rim with minor rash?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
There is slight curb rash on one of my 95 cobra R chrome rims.

The tire keeps going flat every 5 days (using my air compressor gets old)

Is there any place that could repair the (dent) that is causing the air to leak?

I just bought new tires (old one went flat on same rim) so its defiantly the rim.

Instead of paying 200$ for a new replica is there any shops in preferably NWi that can repair the rim? or am I stuck forking $ to replace the rim with minor rash?

Are you sure it's leaking from the dent? The chrome on the cobra R rims always bubbles up on the inside, so the tire wont seal. If it is coming from this, any tire shop (discount tire is best) will be able to scrape the bubbled chrome off and put bead sealer on it, but this is only a temporary solution. It is doubtful that the aluminum rim "dented" enough to leak air, aluminum normally just cracks. If the rim is cracked, it's no good. There are halfass ways of fixing it, but you wont find any reputable shop willing to deal with it.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
thanks for ur info . I took it to discount once alrdy and they found no tire leak but I never asked them to check for rim cracks or chrome bubbling I suppose I could go back before I fork $ for another rim

Chances are you had a lazy ass or stupid tech working on it. Anyone with experience would know that when you dont see bubbles, but the tire is losing air, its leaking from the rim. It's either leaking too slow to see, or leaking only when the weight of the vehicle is on the tire. Take it to discount, tell them u think your tire is leaking from the bead, if they dont see anything, tell them to dismount it, clean it, and put bead sealer on it. I can pretty much guarantee that's what the problem is, either that or a crack. If it was cracked and they didnt notice, and let you leave with a cracked rim on the vehicle, they messed up pretty bad, discuont is strict about that kind of stuff.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
n20 I went in the one time and they put the wheel/tire in water and saw nothing. So they resealed it. I'll def go again and tell them I think its the rim and ask them to inspect.

Looking like I may have to buy me a new rim. Allfor some little curb rash ugh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Unoid
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list