• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just Thinking of Upgrading Again...

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Well Im seriously considering a turbo not that Im tired of the KB, in fact I have not even really had it on long, about a month, but I want to b a little adventurous. I have done some research and it narows down to an HP kit and Hellion. Everyone says the hellion is better quality, and the hp kit has problems w oil. I would like to run the Hellion but only if I can use the Sullivan intake. Does anyone know if I can run a sullivan intake w/a hellion? Or does it have to b an 01 cobra intake. I dont like the way that a 01 intake looks under the hood it seems like there is tubing everywhere and the sullivan intake looks so sweet. Well let me know whay you all think.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Why are you considering this route?

Just to try it, I always wanted a turbo car, and I can do it now before I settle down and get a house. I kind of wanna have 850 rwhp at my disposal, and maybe a 9 sec reliable street car.

But like I said dont get me wrong, I love the KB, my deciding factor will be when I get the solid put in, and my tubular k member w coil overs to try and chop down the weight. I wanna run 10.50-10.90 consistantly if this happens for me its less likely ill go turbo.

oh and there is nothing like passing up a zx10 on the highway doing 170mph:headbang:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Just to try it, I always wanted a turbo car, and I can do it now before I settle down and get a house. I kind of wanna have 850 rwhp at my disposal, and maybe a 9 sec reliable street car.

But like I said dont get me wrong, I love the KB, my deciding factor will be when I get the solid put in, and my tubular k member w coil overs to try and chop down the weight. I wanna run 10.50-10.90 consistantly if this happens for me its less likely ill go turbo.

oh and there is nothing like passing up a zx10 on the highway doing 170mph:headbang:
Gotcha...well if those are some of the things you want to be able to do, a turbo is probably the best way for you to get there. I imagine an automatic is also in your future then.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Gotcha...well if those are some of the things you want to be able to do, a turbo is probably the best way for you to get there. I imagine an automatic is also in your future then.

No auto, I live for the 6 speed. I know thats not the best thing for the strip but its so much damn fun on the street. If I do this Ill probably b looking at a 30 spline output shaft to go along w the 26 spline input.

And I would NOT b getting rid of the Kenne Bell, I have future plans for it. I want to build a 93 cobra or make a clone, w an 03/04 motor. I just love those 93 cobras they look so bad ass. But I gotta have my DOHC motor to go w it.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
No auto, I live for the 6 speed. I know thats not the best thing for the strip but its so much damn fun on the street. If I do this Ill probably b looking at a 30 spline output shaft to go along w the 26 spline input.

And I would NOT b getting rid of the Kenne Bell, I have future plans for it. I want to build a 93 cobra or make a clone, w an 03/04 motor. I just love those 93 cobras they look so bad ass. But I gotta have my DOHC motor to go w it.

copycat LOL :)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

You won't be able to fully appreciate (nor reach near the potential) of the turbo setup without an automatic......IMO.

BTW, I could be wrong, but I believe a Viper spec trans (w/30 spline output) is only rated for 650 ft. lbs. I suppose it should stay together for a while though depending on how it's used.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
copycat LOL :)

Man you know that car is killer. I always wanted a 93 cobra. I dont think Ill be doing all that engine bay work I just wanna stuff the DOHC and go.

Here are a few pics of that car Bob is talkin about. It was at the 66 car show, and it took best in class. It will be in the Mustang Monthly Magazine December issue. If anyone is interested in his work I can get you guys hooked up. Oh and it was proudly tuned by none other than Bob Kurgan.[/url]http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1 Use the arrow to look at the hole gallery...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info