• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

help: accufab throttle body causing high idle

doug@performance

Forum Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
The problem is NOT the TPS. The problem is that the Accu FabT.B. is not machined correctly and the plates on the botterfly valve does not sit against the idle set screw AT ALL. So when you push on it with your hand the car will idle correctly but once you rev it again it will hang. = Bad T.B.
Doug

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
The problem is NOT the TPS. The problem is that the Accu FabT.B. is not machined correctly and the plates on the botterfly valve does not sit against the idle set screw AT ALL. So when you push on it with your hand the car will idle correctly but once you rev it again it will hang. = Bad T.B.
Doug

have the same problem with a edelbrock 70mm TB..sticks once in a while and I have to rev the car a little to get it to come back down..people think I'm trying to act cool or being an ass when I rev the car on the street or parking lot...

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
Doug

Very true and from what I understand, not something new w/ Accufab TB's.

Time for a Billetflow.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Since we are on the subject of throttle bodies...not to hijack the thread:biggthump but I retained the factory throttle body when I threw the Whipple on because I didnt want idle issues...... would I see anything regarding hp gains from getting one? I know the throttle response is better but Im not going to waste the time and money if its only going to net me marginal gains....not to mention I would have to pull the blower off because the intake would have to be swapped out.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Since we are on the subject of throttle bodies...not to hijack the thread:biggthump but I retained the factory throttle body when I threw the Whipple on because I didnt want idle issues...... would I see anything regarding hp gains from getting one? I know the throttle response is better but Im not going to waste the time and money if its only going to net me marginal gains....not to mention I would have to pull the blower off because the intake would have to be swapped out.

HP gains will be minimal, but the throttle response is great. Nothing wrong with keeping your factory one and spending that $$$ elsewhere.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Doug

Still gotta set the TPS once you pull it off the factory TB, because it was set for a factory TB. But yes also the TB's are not the greatest machined, you will have to mess w the idle screw. Take my word for it I have been through this reset your TPS its not that big of a deal or expensive.

I got lucky on mine I didnt have to mess w my idle screw, I just had to set the TPS, and after that it idled fine, I have no complaints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info