• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

a little weekend work

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
did some work to the car this weekend... i started with the new high boost JLT kit and moved on to installing my caster camber plates that i have had lying around for two years. on sunday i went to my buddies house in huntley and we lowered my car...i no longer have all wheel drive! here are some pics
weekendcobrapics006.jpg

weekendcobrapics007.jpg

weekendcobrapics004.jpg

weekendcobrapics005.jpg

weekendcobrapics002.jpg

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
Looks sweet. Quick question, since you just did the install. Do the REAR spring pigtails, not the flat side, go in facing upward or downward?? I had my IRS installed by someone else and helped out with the install along the way. I remember he put the flat end down and the pigtails up. But when I recently did some front suspension work I noticed my FRONT springs go in with the pigtails going down, flat side up. So is it different front to back, or are my rears in backwards???

Thanks for the info!

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
You are the first person that I've seen that stepped up to the chrome Caster/Camber plates. They really look great!

I am going to give MM a call and see if I can upgrade my set. Still in the box and never used. The great thing about MM is they will let you swap parts around if you change your mind (like coil-over spring rates) even if you bought them last year.

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
Looks sweet. Quick question, since you just did the install. Do the REAR spring pigtails, not the flat side, go in facing upward or downward?? I had my IRS installed by someone else and helped out with the install along the way. I remember he put the flat end down and the pigtails up. But when I recently did some front suspension work I noticed my FRONT springs go in with the pigtails going down, flat side up. So is it different front to back, or are my rears in backwards???

Thanks for the info!

unfortunatly i did this the less expensive way and cut my stock springs. the rears did not have a flat part like the fronts but i woulg guess that the flat part goes up so that it sits flat in the upper perch like the front...i can give real quick removal instructions if your going to flip tham over, should take less than and hour

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
unfortunatly i did this the less expensive way and cut my stock springs. the rears did not have a flat part like the fronts but i woulg guess that the flat part goes up so that it sits flat in the upper perch like the front...i can give real quick removal instructions if your going to flip tham over, should take less than and hour
Yeah, any instructions would be great! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the info.

:headbang:

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
Yeah, any instructions would be great! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the info.

:headbang:

jack up the car and supprt the rear with jack stands. you will need 2 floor jacks to make it easier. remove the rear wheels and use one of the jacks to support the rear diff. use the second jack to put a little pressure under the rear strut and remove the lower strut bolt. repeat on other side. remove the upper irs bolt that is located behind the tire (it is the big one up towards the top of the wheel well). i removed the exhaust tip hangars as well. with both strut bolts removed and both irs bolts removed slowly lower the 1st jack under the diff and the entire irs will swing down and out pop the springs(simple) the use of an impact gun makes life much easier but im sure you could wrench it if you have to(total time 45mins)

hope this helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info