• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Does it look bad enough

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Looks like I hit a dip or something coming back from the dyno last week and the upper control arm went up and dented the fuel line. At first I thought the new clamps and hosing came undone from the Gt40 pumps but they are in perfect condition. I jumpered the pumps to the battery and they are spinning up perfectly. Im not getting any fuel to the rails at all. We cycled the key while pushing down on the Schraeder valve and it pushing air out.
I looked around underneath and found this. Im not sure if this is enough to stop all fuel flow to the engine or is it? I mean I should be getting a little fuel but we arent getting anything. Before I go and buy new -8an line, fitting etc I want to be sure.
On another note, while under the car I see where the damn catback piping is rubbing against both of my 10.5 BF Drags at the inner edge. Shit now I have to dump it before the axles for sure.
fuel_line001.jpg

fuel_line002.jpg

Does this look bad enough to stop all flow to the engine? Why are we getting air? We should be getting at least a little fuel.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Ill check them again. Whats wierd is that I wired the pumps to the battery and the hat was squirting the left over fuel in the hat hoses. Shot that little bit of gas halfway across the driveway.
What does the sender do? Should be the white plastic piece with the float arm on it , correct?
Im going to check the hoses and clamps again and then drop the hat back in and hook it up while its sitting on the floor and check to see if Im still getting air.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
what pumps are you running?
GT pumps with stock 03 cobra fuel lines?
if you modded your pumps to the GT pumps and reused the stock plastic intank fuel line chances are you blew one of those.
ive heard lots of stories about that.

J
No everything is upgraded. Didnt and wouldnt reuse that plastic crap.
Pumps, hosing and wiring all upgraded.
Narrowing it down:
FRPS O Ring
#20 fuse shot to shit
Splice point on the wiring for the BAP coming loose and shorting (seen a bunch of these)
BAP or FPDM not grounded good enough
FPDM going into thermal (doubt it Zone5 stageII)
Sending unit took a shit (doubt it, pumps are shooting fuel out of the hat)
OR Ive got one hell of a split on one of those pump hoses that I cant see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info