• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra running like crap!!!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok my car was tuned by Bob got it back everything is great, shortly after I blew the clutch. I replaced the clutch, flywheel, input shaft, and put in Lyles cooling mod.

I got the car back on the road and now its running like total shit. I talked to Bob Kurgan, he gave me some tips on what to do, I just wanted to see if you guys ever experienced this.

Put in new plugs yesterday NGK TR-6 @.25. Still running like shit I get this choking once in a while when Im driving @ low Rpm's It idles rough real rough, and my gas mileage is terrible beyond normal its weird I have no CEL code, or any other OBD 2 trouble codes on. I dont know maybe its the injectors, the only other thing I can think of is I plugged the O2's in the wrong sides when I put the trans back in. What do you guys think about this?

Will the SCT BA2400 cause rough idling???

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
just went through that it was a bad ground, but I think if the o2s are plugged in wrong that would do the same, if the car was tuned on the ba2400 ou shouldn't have any issues

It was tuned w the ba 2400, I need to swap out the 02 connections in bank 1&2 and see what happens. Wich ground was bad? I wanna check the same one out. If it happens to one car it can happen to another as well.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
try switching out to autolite 103 plugs and see what happens.

I dont think its the plugs to be honest I took out my denso iridiums and they looked to be in good shape. This is something else I just dont know what to look for when there is no CEL. It just pisses me off when my car uses up a 1/4 tank to travel approx. 30miles thats just not right.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
when i took out my ngk's they looked fine too, even though my car was running like poop. I put in the autolites and my car never ran better.

But what about the bad gas mileage? How much are the autolites? Where do I get them? Im also gonna try and switch my o2 sensor plugs in bank 1&2 just to make sute I didnt criss cross them when I put the trans back in las week. And I did just put in NGK tr6's in too, so the plugs r new.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
How did you figure out it was a coil pack? Did you replace 1 or all?

I am having similar issues....:dunno:

We actually saw the car dropping power in the upper RPM's when I was getting it dynotuned by James @ RWTD. We could see the graph dipping down when it should have been climbing up, and James could actually feel the car missing or something when under WOT.

I ended up replacing all of the COPS while on the dyno and the problem went away. Probably could have replaced one side and checked, then the other, but due to time restrictions, we just did them all at once. Didn't really have a way for checking which one was bad. I think you'd have to do an ohm test on see exactly which one was bad.

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
if it was a coil pack it should be misfiring, then that should turn the check engine light on. If it just started happening after the trans was reinstalled I would go check that 1st. meaning look to make sure everything is plugged in and make sure nothing got pinched between anything. maybe even check the 02's to ensure they r connected correctly. thats at least where I would start..... just my 0-2

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
if it was a coil pack it should be misfiring, then that should turn the check engine light on. If it just started happening after the trans was reinstalled I would go check that 1st. meaning look to make sure everything is plugged in and make sure nothing got pinched between anything. maybe even check the 02's to ensure they r connected correctly. thats at least where I would start..... just my 0-2

exactly what Im thinking go back to square one. Im gonna tear into it tomorrow morning and retrace all my steps. I also went back to my 17# pulley, and 93 octane, the car seems to be running just as hard as on th 19# pulley even though I only see 16psi. I have no power drop off at high RPM, when Im on it the boost gauge lingers at like 14-14.5 psi then at the last 500 RPM it shoots up to like 16 psi. But still the rough idling is there.

I also clocked the mass air meeter and still the same result so I just went back to where it was dynoed at.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
based off the car running well at WOT, im going to say that something with the 02 wiring etc is jacked... Maybe its pinched as you said?? Reason being, the 02's will go into closed loop at idle and PT and if they are reading dead lean (from being shorted out), they will dump a ton of fuel at idle and PT.

let me know

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
based off the car running well at WOT, im going to say that something with the 02 wiring etc is jacked... Maybe its pinched as you said?? Reason being, the 02's will go into closed loop at idle and PT and if they are reading dead lean (from being shorted out), they will dump a ton of fuel at idle and PT.

let me know

Thats what I was thinking too Bob, that would be the only way to explain the cars massive fuel consumption all of a sudden. Would this also explain the car choking once in a while when Im starting to take off? I also just remembered when I swapped blowers, I put on the single blade accufab TB, and I never set the TPS on it. This may be a part of the problem, when I set my cruise control to on the rpm's jump and the car gets into like 8 #'s of boost then it sets itself, so I know the TPS has to be off as well.

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
just went through that it was a bad ground, but I think if the o2s are plugged in wrong that would do the same, if the car was tuned on the ba2400 ou shouldn't have any issues

im with you on the 02's being plugged into the wrong sides.

thats really all you changed right? you did your clutch and then it ran like shit? did you happen to pinch the o2 sensor wires when reistalling the trans?
that would throw things off too. but still im suprised you didnt get a code.

J

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
im with you on the 02's being plugged into the wrong sides.

thats really all you changed right? you did your clutch and then it ran like shit? did you happen to pinch the o2 sensor wires when reistalling the trans?
that would throw things off too. but still im suprised you didnt get a code.

J

Yes thats all I changed, I didnt unplug anything as far as under the hood goes, like vaccum lines or anything like that. I was going to switch around the 02's but the weather didnt permit this weekend. When I switch them I will post up and let ya guys know what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info