• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

dif in sound whipple vs, kennebell

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Would like to know this as well.

I was thinking about going Whipple, since I've heard they are quieter. I've never actually "heard" one before though.

We all know the KB's scream.

Night and day difference in sound. With mine I can hear and faint whistle but that only because I have the GB belt on there IMO because when I had the Gates belt didnt hear much. The KB is a loud mutha plain and simple.

If you want quiet go with the Whipple.....even my ported Eaton was louder:biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
my 3.4 at only 19psi (slow for that blower, lol) sounds more like an eaton, at lower boost, just louder. The KB's sound more like the rushing air of a turbo with a high pitched whine. IMO KB's are annoying after a 10min of in car, but thats just me.

Btw, my car has an o/r-x and is obnoxiously loud and I can still hear the whipple. I cant wait to quiet down the exhaust and spin this bitch to 23lbs!

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
my 3.4 at only 19psi (slow for that blower, lol) sounds more like an eaton, at lower boost, just louder. The KB's sound more like the rushing air of a turbo with a high pitched whine. IMO KB's are annoying after a 10min of in car, but thats just me.

Btw, my car has an o/r-x and is obnoxiously loud and I can still hear the whipple. I cant wait to quiet down the exhaust and spin this bitch to 23lbs!

that thing is badass as it sits now!!!:headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info