• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

X Pipe

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
Exhaust

X pipe ?? or H pipe??? The never ending debate. I guess its who you talk to because I have heard many different stories to this saga. My understanding is that an H pipe should result in more torque and an X pipe will result in more horsepower. With our motors 96-2001/ 4.6 N/A. Torque is what was lacking. So I decided to go 2 1/2" Ford Racing Off road H-PIPE/ Flowmaster 40 series american thunder mufflers. I has very happy with the results, Not to mention that it really opens up that angry mod motor sound.Its in there waiting to be unleashed. This is a perfect combo because it is not obnoxiously loud until you want it to be and then you can grab everyones attention like Right Now. Its fun and it sounds kick ass and it makes people think twice about talkin sh@#* about these 4.6 N/A motors. Some are unable to go without cats depending on your local EPA laws but you can always bolt up that stock one w/cats when you go in for your EPA test.I even heard that you can still pass an EPA test without cats depending on how the car is tuned when it goes in for testing. You want to be running as lean as safely possible for your test if you have no cats. Good luck with this ongoing head scratcher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info