• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Reliable shop for tuning in Chicago area?

snkbtn93

Mar 20, 2007
First of all glad I was told about this site.
ok, I am looking for a reliable shop to tune my car, I had a bunch of work done at Street stuff in addison, Il and I am having a few problems.
1.My steering wheel vibrates bad at idle.
2.When I get on it sometimes it will bog bad (not happy).
3.Not to happy that they talked me into buing a aeromotive fuel system when alot of people making more power than me are ok w/ larger fp and a external. because I sometimes get a bad fuel smell in the garage and they said there is no leaks. which is fine but it is comming from somewhere!

Anyway thanks for any help,

Jay

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
I've seen the way they do things at streets stuff and who runs it. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my car there.

Larry @ speed inc is a good guy and will take care of you.

snkbtn93 said:
First of all glad I was told about this site.
ok, I am looking for a reliable shop to tune my car, I had a bunch of work done at Street stuff in addison, Il and I am having a few problems.
1.My steering wheel vibrates bad at idle.
2.When I get on it sometimes it will bog bad (not happy).
3.Not to happy that they talked me into buing a aeromotive fuel system when alot of people making more power than me are ok w/ larger fp and a external. because I sometimes get a bad fuel smell in the garage and they said there is no leaks. which is fine but it is comming from somewhere!

Anyway thanks for any help,

Jay

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Street Stuff Changed owners. Charlie was the main problem over there but imo They still blow with the new owners! If you want your car F'ed up, then go there or if you like paying twice for a part then go to "Shit Stuff"!

If you want to make sure you get the best Tune available then have BOB KURGAN tune it. His experience / knowledge is great as his prices.:headbang:

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
street stuff is a bunch of f'ing jags, they dont know what the hell they are doing. Charlie, the previous owner, bent my buddy with a trans am over a few times. I asked the new guys for some prices on some fuel stuff and he pulled out a summit magazine, what a tool, never will go there again except for nitrous refills. :thumbsdow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info