• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Got my 'tubes' today...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
....LONG tubes that is :D I got a pretty sweet deal, $430 shipped from a newer co. called "on 3 motorsports", found them over on Mfords. FYI Lethal Performance sells the headers for $460 + $40ish or so for shipping. I bought the Mac's 1 & 5/8 inch ceramac coated. I checked them out, The flanges have a little pittin on them but look pretty straight for $400 compard to $800+ for others. Also I noticed a small weld mark inside one of the header tubes, I may or may not grind it down :dunno: :dunno: . I tried to take a picture of it, it is the last picture. What's your thoughts on it? I'm going to bolt them on the engine this weekend, if my stage 8 bolts come in. Little info I found on those bolts too, Stage 8 sells the header bolts as does Ford racing which are $20 more, and which most people sell. I found out that the Ford Racing ones are made by stage 8 just in a "ford racing" box, so If you can find reg. stage 8's, it will save you 20 bucks.

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture037.jpg

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
1stmustang said:
Damn man, you might actually be taking your Cobra farther than mine! :biggthump

That engine looks great! Did you paint or powdercoat the front cover? I am powdercoating or polishing mine.

I did 3 coats of high temp paint, I thought about powdercoating the front cover but Their is a ton of holes on the front cover which you would have to tap out to get the over spray off. Good luck on polishing that, would take around 10 hours EASY, God speed :biggthump

ChromeCobra said:
Hell yeah man those looks nice :headbang: I ordered some stainless steel Hooker longtubes about a week ago and found out today that I wont have them till after March 17th :mad: I probably wont have my car put back together till mid April. :crying:

Yea when I was looking at Stainless works headers to add to my catback they said like a 3 week wait, I was like hell no, I'm like a kid I want everything now! Damn Kooks are expensive!! GREAT headers tho, post some pics up!

SonicBlur said:
Man, you seemed to have gone crazy with this Cobra!! Do you even have a savings account anymore, LOL!!!!:D

-Mike

Yea I do have a savings account, it is at ZERO :-o . I just don't feel like dropping the K later on. I always say, im only going do this once and do it the right way...

Box 1 said:
id recomend a tubular k member up front, easier to work with them if something goes wrong in the long run.

Never been a big fan of Tub K's, Heard of a lot of problems with different CO, plus it is kinda expensive. Thats just me tho

Can't wait to hear this b'otch! It's gonna sound wiked :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info