• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tune or not to tune

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
any time you increase the airflow of the motor, chances are you are going to lean it out a bit.. the stock cobra tunes are lean in bad spots already... if you ever look at a stock graph, peak torque is really lean... this is one spot that needs work... if you put a JLT cold air on it, THEORETICALLY the MAF should compensate... but this isnt always the case... my suggestion is spend the extra couple bucks and pulley it at the same time so the tune is worthwhile... OR , just save the JLT install until you can afford a pulley and tune..

thanks

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Torch Red, Nice!!!!!

Do a 2.93 pulley with that stuff and then do a pro tune. Get it all out of the way first, don't nickel and dime your way up, b/c you'll waste money on 5 tunes eventually.

+1. Cat Back or new mufflers, 2.93, CAI and a tune and it's Instant ANIMAL, and safe as all hell since the the rest of the car will not suffer at this point, but from here on out you have to beef up a lot more.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ts cobra 04 said:
If a go with the flowmasters, jlt, pulley and a pro tune will i feel a difference in the car

Which part of instant ANIMAL don't you get?

The difference between a Tune and NO Tune can be difficult, but THAT depends on the tuner, because a TUNE will enable you to shut off traction controll FOR EVER, and there are many thing that will keep your car in better shape than the factory settings.

I was so scared the first time, and I don't mind admitting it. I couldn't imagine a "tuner" being able to get better performance from my car, but it's true, and you will be happy.

Don't waste your money like I did. First I got a tune to go with CAI, and Cat Back, then a 2.93 pulley, and then a ported blower and a 2.93, and then a 2.76, and YES I wasted money on all 3 prior tunes @ like 300.00 ea.

You'll be REAL happy with that combo, and remember, your drive line will be able to live with it. It's when you go further that you get into the needs to do more.

390HP-MD

Mar 7, 2007
I'm new to the COBRA world as well. Don't mean to rob the thread... but it's a similar question. I just bought the 03 COBRA w/the following mods:
2.93 Billetflow w/Idler
Upr cai
prochamber
Flowmaster c/b
MGW shifter
Gords H.E
M\M subframes
H&R ss springs
17x9 17x10.5 cobra R wheels
Ngk tr6's
Diablo chip

It has a Diablo Chip... but do you guys recommend me getting a tune?

Thanks a lot!

Manny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info