• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LDC Hood Lights are finished!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Some of you guys already know LDC has been working on a hood light kit for Mustangs [and other cars]. I was over at Dan's with Lyle tonight and we FINISHED the kits. We installed a kit on my Cobra tonight to show the wiring path and get complete kit pics for the instructions. My camera is dead after taking pics tonight so I'll get some finished kit pics up on the web tomorrow or Monday.

Kits will go on sale beginning Tuesday [or whenever we get the website updated] for $39.95 intro price. We have 100 to sell in the first batch, mostly white but some colors are also available. If you guys have wanted a hood light for your cars, this is an inexpensive way to get one. Install takes about an hour. I really like the kit and hope you guys will, too. Comes in White, Blue, Yellow and Green with future colors to follow. Sorry I don't have finished kit pics yet. Here are some teasers.

Attachments

• Resize 2.jpg
    Resize 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Resize 3.jpg
    Resize 3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Resize 4.jpg
    Resize 4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Resize 5.jpg
    Resize 5.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 31
  • Resize 7.jpg
    Resize 7.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Resize 6.jpg
    Resize 6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Resize 8.jpg
    Resize 8.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Resize 9.jpg
    Resize 9.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 245

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Here is a photo of the kit mounted on my car.
Although it is enhanced slightly to make it viewable on a computer screen, you can get the idea of the amount of light they emit.
As Cliff mentioned, the install is fairly easy and provides an often necessary feature that Ford seems to have overlooked.

We intend to post some more professional photos as soon as possible so they will display their full potential.

Dana

Attachments

• LDC LED kit001A.jpg
    LDC LED kit001A.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 231

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
blubyu said:
Looks nicer than what Ford would have done. What triggers it on and off?

Thanks. We use a roller ball switch that turns the light on when you open the hood and off when you close it. We tested many switches before deciding on this one. Turns out quality switches are a pain to find and purchase. The switch is the blue box in pic #3.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
We don't have the kits on the site yet. You guys get advance notice since we're local. The first batch of kits are out at Dan's place at the moment. If you are anywhere near Beecher, you could pick one up. Otherwise, we'll try to bring some kits when we go to GTGs this coming summer. Hopefully the website will be updated some time next week. I have to finish the write up and send it to Dan to upload.

02RedL

I like the last pic of the yellow LEDs on the Screamin Yeller! I wonder whos car that is! :clap: These kits are awesome, you guys will like em! LDC did a great job puttin this kit, and install together! I love the way mine looks in Yellow! :biggthump

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
For those of you that are so inclined, you can install more than one light at a time. Also, the light locations are variable. We picked that spot because it directs the light on the top of the engine.
There a lot of variations that are available including pulsing and flashing lights. We'll be getting into them in the future if the demand warrants it.

They can also be installed on almost any car, not just the Cobras or Mustangs. The kit has enough material to allow for the install on almost any 12 volt system vehicle.

If you have any question, contact one of us.

Dan

Sep 17, 2005
Flyn high again said:
We don't have the kits on the site yet. You guys get advance notice since we're local. The first batch of kits are out at Dan's place at the moment. If you are anywhere near Beecher, you could pick one up. Otherwise, we'll try to bring some kits when we go to GTGs this coming summer. Hopefully the website will be updated some time next week. I have to finish the write up and send it to Dan to upload.

yep, i checked the site yesterday and seen it wasnt up yet. hopefully soon, im sold on 1. :biggthump

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks guys. When my thermostat went out at 2 A.M. on my way home from work one morning, I had to diagnose it using an L.E.D. keychain flashlight. Not fun. Then Bryan posted a thread here about hood lights and the light bulb [pun intended] lit up over my head. It's such a simple cheap mod and will be really useful at night.

The white L.E.D.s are bright. I was standing in my dark garage last night freezing my butt off and admiring the light. The colors vary in intensity. Blue is brighter than yellow. We haven't tried green yet. The colored effect will be cool for show cars. Lyle's Sonic Blue looks great with the blue light and Jeff's yellow light compliments his Screaming Yellow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info