• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need help from those who have 4-piston Brembo calipers

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I want to get a set of 4-piston Brembo calipers, but I need to be sure they'll clear my 98 Cobra wheels I use in winter. It looks like there is enough room, but I've got to be sure.

I need a favor:
If you have 4-piston Brembos and the stock 03 Cobra wheels, could you measure the clearance between the caliper and the wheel spokes. I'm specifically looking for the average and minimum readings you take.

For example, on my 03 Cobra wheels with the stock PBR calipers, there is 7mm average and also 7mm minimum clearance between the wheel spoke and the caliper. On the 98 Cobra wheel, it varies from 7mm to 6mm at its shortest point.

Also, I'd like to eventually test-fit one of my 98 Cobra wheels if anyone is willing to let me.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I can let you borrow a caliper for a time (and a rotor too, i guess) but I put the cobra pbr calipers back on for the winter because the bullitt wheels with my snow tires dont clear the brembos.

the 00R came with a 98 cobra wheel&tire assembly as a spare.

if you can wait another month and a half, i'll have the brembos back on in march sometime most likely, and i can bring the car over then

nytebyte said:
I want to get a set of 4-piston Brembo calipers, but I need to be sure they'll clear my 98 Cobra wheels I use in winter. It looks like there is enough room, but I've got to be sure.

I need a favor:
If you have 4-piston Brembos and the stock 03 Cobra wheels, could you measure the clearance between the caliper and the wheel spokes. I'm specifically looking for the average and minimum readings you take.

For example, on my 03 Cobra wheels with the stock PBR calipers, there is 7mm average and also 7mm minimum clearance between the wheel spoke and the caliper. On the 98 Cobra wheel, it varies from 7mm to 6mm at its shortest point.

Also, I'd like to eventually test-fit one of my 98 Cobra wheels if anyone is willing to let me.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
nytebyte said:

I need a favor:

Where are you getting them from??? and how much??

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
nytebyte said:
Not sure yet, but I'm open to suggestions.

If wish these silver calipers were around when I did mine. If you don't need the rotors or the lines, it's not a bad deal.
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621

Otherwise they sell the standard kit with black calipers, s/s lines and rotors, but save $75 and get plain rotors if you plan on doing any open track events.
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=541

They both clear the 98 and 03 Cobra wheels on my car :cool:

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
PETSNKE said:
If wish these silver calipers were around when I did mine. If you don't need the rotors or the lines, it's not a bad deal.

Otherwise they sell the standard kit with black calipers, s/s lines and rotors, but save $75 and get plain rotors if you plan on doing any open track events.

They both clear the 98 and 03 Cobra wheels on my car :cool:

you posted the same link twice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info