• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

N/A or blown?

scuzzdude2587

Jan 29, 2007
new to the forum, thought i'd introduce myself....I'm jake

anyways, I was wondering what you guys think as far as going with FI or staying N/A? I like the idea of FI but it seems so damn expensive...not that N/A isn't. I was wondering what some of your thoughts as to the pros and cons of each are. I'm not looking for any crazy power, somewhere around 350-375 at the wheels would be nice.

thanks for any input

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
the easiest way to get the power you are looking for would be the blower. you can pick them up cheaper used but then you have to worry about it coming with all the parts you need for it to work.

problem with the blower is you would have to keep the boost low due to the stock internals/block. you might be able to make 350NA but i am not as framiliar with the 4.6 as the 5.0.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
if u want that kinda power slap a vortech on there and call it a day...

u can usually find used kits for a great price on corral.net

maniak said:
problem with the blower is you would have to keep the boost low due to the stock internals/block. you might be able to make 350NA but i am not as framiliar with the 4.6 as the 5.0.

i think 350 he should be ok...from what i read around 450 the rods and pistons start to crap out... the block and the crank wont break

96-98 teksid block > all

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
WhtSuperStang said:
if u want that kinda power slap a vortech on there and call it a day...

u can usually find used kits for a great price on corral.net

i think 350 he should be ok...from what i read around 450 the rods and pistons start to crap out... the block and the crank wont break

96-98 teksid block > all

yeah, thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure about the block and crank.

corral.net is deffinately a good place to find used blower kits cheap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info