• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Will my fuel mods support a 2.4 KB @ 23-25 PSI & .............maybe a small dry shot?

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Will my fuel mods support a 2.4 KB @ 23-25 PSI & .............maybe a small dry shot?

Last year I was spraying my ported Eaton with a 100 dry shot and had no fuel supply issues. I have an SCT 2400 MAF, 60 lb injectors, and a 40amp BAP (wired on all the time). I never had any fuel issues @700 FT/LBS. on the jug. I have a tuning session coming up with James & RWTD here in Chicago at the end of April and want to get my possible fuel issues resolved. I always run 110 octane at the track and it will be pullied for some pretty big boost ~25 PSI, shooting for 630-650 on blower, and if there is room, maybe a 50 dry shot @ 21 PSI for ~700+ How am I lookin for fuel supply, and if its bad, whats the easiest solution.

How far can the BAP and 60's take me?

If fuel is a problem, I was thinking of pickin up one of RWTD's new dual FPDM / GT pump harnesses, and modding the pump hat, removing the PPRV, dual -6 outlets into a Y, then onto the stock filter and to stock lines.

I'd like to retain the stock filter and fuel lines if possible, but I'm guessing the hat will need to be modded/pumps upgraded/with the FPDM harness.....

When the dual FPDM harness is used, I am assuming this would eliminate the BAP that I am currently using correct?

Money is an issue so I'd like to be as economical as possible, but the car needs to have plenty of fuel and be safe......as safe as 25 PSI on the stock short block can be I guess :lmao:

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I would think you have enough room for the boost, but I am not so sure about the spray. That might put you pretty close to maxing out the stock pumps.

If you decide you wanna go the GT pump route, let me know cuz I have 2 brand new GT pumps in the garage that I am not gonna use and have been to lazy to post up for sale. :D

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
RD SNAKE said:
You might need to upgrade to a 2800 maf. I would just upgrade to 2 GT pumps and one moded FPDM w/ ur BAP. Save the cash, you don't need two FPDM moded hat etc etc... FYI you only need a moded hat if your running aftermarket lines...

Kevin

I thought many people have had bad/unreliable results when combining a BAP and aftermarket pumps?

I dont even have a wiring upgrade, which I will probably have Hans put on, what are some other easy things to do while in there? Does the tank need to be dropped to do the wiring upgrade? If so, I may have him pull the PPRV check valve and replace the kinked line in the tank. I think that may give me some aditional duty cycle :dunno:

Carl, I will give ya a ring on those pumps if I go that route, thanks

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
firstsvt said:
I thought many people have had bad/unreliable results when combining a BAP and aftermarket pumps?

I dont even have a wiring upgrade, which I will probably have Hans put on, what are some other easy things to do while in there? Does the tank need to be dropped to do the wiring upgrade? If so, I may have him pull the PPRV check valve and replace the kinked line in the tank. I think that may give me some aditional duty cycle :dunno:

Carl, I will give ya a ring on those pumps if I go that route, thanks

I've never read/heard problems with the BAP and gt pumps, uping the voltage is uping the voltage :dunno: :dunno:

The wiring upgrade is like $45 from leathal, yes I belive you have to drop your tank, it is really not that bad takes maybe an hour or so. just make sure you have under a 1/4 :p Yes remove that PPRV valve as well when you have the tank dropped, remember to use that speical, very expensice hose to replace it with. Yes remove the PPRV will give some extra Duty Cycle, I "heard" it is the most restructive part of our fuel systems.

If you have heard probelms with GT pumps and BAP, shot me a link on it, Id like to read it

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info