• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need help

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
MGT2002 said:
dont go 4.30 unless you're doin drag strip only. stick to a 4.10 or even a 3.90. the 4.30 will max out the stock tranny too soon. Also get some sort of Programmer since you will need to re-calibrate the speedo anyways. Get either the Diablosport Predator Programmer or the SCT Xcalibrator 2

Just curious as to why a 4.30 would max out the tranny too soon?

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
01Cobra said:
Just curious as to why a 4.30 would max out the tranny too soon?

cause you'd top out at about 120 mph. first gear would wind up before you can even mash the gas. 2nd gear the same, 3rd you're maybe getting some traction and 4th is about the only useful gear. like i said, unless you plan on doin alot of strip duty, dont bother with the 4.30

oh and the stock trannies in the 01 cobras (as well as my car) are JUNK

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
A 4.10 would top out in 4th at 126 IIRC. On a low end torqueless 01 cobra I dont think youd have that much trouble with a 4.30 with a good tire and driven right with your standard bolt ons. Then again I havent driven an 01 with 4.30's so I dont know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info